• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Reclaiming rbs bank charges after 6 years?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reclaiming rbs bank charges after 6 years?

Can I do this, they've sent me this letter (see attached) to say I can't which seems so unfair as I've only just realised I can claim the monies back.
    They say they've written to me on numerous occasions but I am yet to receive these. I know they receive my letters as I send everything recorded delivery.

Thank you all in advance x
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Reclaiming rbs bank charges after 6 years?

You could ask them to send you copies of the letters from Leicester as you haven't received them.

However I would have to agree with their stance on the charges. They are not illegal and have been subject to much investigation and publicity. Lots of info on the court hearings and final supreme court judgment http://legalbeagles.info/office-of-f...24-april-2008/

If you have been in financial hardship when the charges were being taken you could have had a case to have some refunded, however as they are over 6 years old you would be time barred now. If you want to continue then you could, now you have had a formal end of complaint letter - go to the financial ombudsman, but I think they will agree with RBS on this.

When you say you only just realised you can claim them back, I'm just wondering where you got that information from or if you've been reading some pre 2008 stuff.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X