• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd / Vanquis - 17-2-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd / Vanquis - 17-2-2015

Hi Nem,

Thanks for replying. I think I have covered everything - I am denying the debt and asking the claimant to prove that I owe it. I can't think of anything else to say - unless you have any suggestions?
    Thanks again,
    Sterow.

Comment

Hello,

I sent my defence a couple of weeks ago but I haven't heard from Restons. I have received a letter from Cabot enclosing what they say is a copy of the original agreement. I will upoad the details and and wondered if anyone can advise me if this does constitute an agreement. They have also sent several other pages which detail the terms and conditions. Any advice would be appreciated.
      Many thanks,
      Sterow.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by sterow; 27th March 2015, 13:57:PM. Reason: Remove personal details

Comment

If anyone could have a look at this and give me some advice I would be really grateful.
        Thanks,
        Sterow.

Comment

Hi Sterow,
          To my mind that is just digital sig, application form, there should be two sets of T's and C's and any amendments
          to them.

Is your name and address as it was at the inception of the agreement on the documents?

nem

Comment

Hi nem,

Thanks for your reply. The address is correct as at the time of the application. They have included a document entitled 'Vanquis Credit Card Agreement and Full Terms' but this does not mention any personal information. There is also a letter from Cabot headed 'Statement of Account' It's interesting that they are now asking that I work with them to set up a repayment plan. I would have thought that they would just go ahead with the CCJ if they have a necessary documentation to do so. What do you think?
            Thanks,
            Sterow.

Comment

Hi,

Anyone have any advice on how to proceed with this? I don't know whether to just set up a payments arrangement with them as I don't want to risk a CCJ. However, if the documents they have sent don't satisfy the CCA request then I don't want to give in if I don't have to! Any advice would be gratefully received.
              Thanks,
              Sterow.

Comment

I'd just wait and see if they respond to your defence, you sent it around three weeks ago didn't you, so give it another 10 days and give the court a call if you haven't heard anything.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for the reply. If they respond to my defence will I still be able to pay them before they can obtain a CCJ? I've only just had one CCJ drop of my credit history so the last think I want is to get another one! I don't want to be hasty but at the same time I want to avoid another CCJ.
                  Thanks again,
                  Sterow.

Comment

You will be able to negotiate with them to get a settlement in place, and if you can't do the full whack you can try and sort out a Tomlin order (consent order).... anytime up to the hearing date really. I would certainly wait for their response to the defence firstly though then consider what you want to do. Don't forget you could also pay after judgment - so long as you pay in full within 28 days no CCJ would be registered on your file.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Oh I see, I didn't realise I would get another 28 days to pay, so as a last resort I could just pay it then. I will wait to see what happens and let you know.
                      Many thanks for your help.
                      Sterow.

Comment

Some info on that
                        Paying the Debt within 28 Days
                        If a county court judgment is paid in full within 28 days it can be removed from the Register. In practice judgments are not generally registered before the initial 28-day period has expired. If the debt is valid, and affordable, the creditor should be contacted immediately to find out where and how to make payment. When payment is made a receipt should be requested.

The county court where the judgment was entered will provide the necessary application form to have the judgment removed from the Register. Details of the judgment, including the claim number, will be needed - together with written confirmation from the creditor that the debt has been paid. A fee is payable and the application will not be processed until payment of the fee has cleared.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X