• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

One Former Keeper from New = I am now 3rd keeper! Car dispute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Former Keeper from New = I am now 3rd keeper! Car dispute

I am currently in negotiations with a car dealership, whom advertised the above a stunning car with full dealer service history - higher than average miles,which I didn't mind, as it had been well looked after / no expense spared and contained the words in bold 'One former keeper from new'
    Obviously the dealer is stating he is allowed to use this term n it's my difference of opinion as to why I am unhappy now finding out I will I fact be the 3rd registered keeper.
    I have followed the advice from consumer direct and have sent my final letter before further action.... My delema I am trying to negotiate but how much do you think I should be looking at for a wrongly advertised vehicle, will there be much depreciation in value ? As well as the inconvenience as this has been going on now 6 weeks - advised not to use vehicle.
    there has been cost incurred as paid to be put on another insurance to use car, time spent writing letters n distress caused... There are also issues with the car but they say they will repair.. Only a brief over view but would be grateful for suggestions .
    Tags: None

Re: One Former Keeper from New = I am now 3rd keeper! Car dispute

Hi
    I think you might find the description "one former keeper" could be accurate.
    When the dealer advertised the vehicle it would only have had one former keeper plus the current keeper
    Now If it had been advertised as "one keeperfrom new",,,,,,,
    I agree though that it was probably advertised in the manner it was, as the dealers guessed it would be misinterpreted.

The difference in value is going to be negligible, unless you intend sellingit on quickly.

Comment

Re: One Former Keeper from New = I am now 3rd keeper! Car dispute

Hi des8
      Thank you for reply,
      It does infact state the latter....One former keeper from New..as a customer I believed what the advertisement suggested, so it was and is quite a surprise to find that any seller can manipulate words to suit!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X