• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Natwest charges help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natwest charges help!

I need help with Natwest.

Basically me and my wife have the following 4 accounts with them which defaulted in 2013.

Bank Account 1 - overdraft limit was £3000.00 - receiving letters for over £5500.
    Bank Account 2 - overdraft limit was £1100.00 - balance know is over £1600.00
    Joint Bank account - overdraft limit was £1500 - balance know is over £2200.00
    Loan - balance was £450.00 - know is £650.00

My wife suffered depression after a miscarriage so wasn't get paid from work, things spiralled and I buried my head in the sand - I am trying to resolve all these issues know.

I am just wondering is their anyway I can put a complaint in about these charges - over £4000 off those balances are purely charges which NatWest applied on top of charges.

Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks
    Last edited by Kati; 18th February 2015, 17:57:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Natwest charges help!

Hi, You can certainly complain BUT if the charges have amount because the accounts were not serviced correctly you have in reality on basis on which to complain and that is " hardship".
    You need a careful read through the Ts & Cs of the OD facility letters that are sent out when an OD is approved.

nem

Comment

We hit a very bad patch and these charges just spiralled and cause severe hardship until the point I just buried my head and ignored letters. Obviously Natwest thought it was fair to continue charging £100's of pounds of charges every month before defaulting and selling debt.

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      Hi, You can certainly complain BUT if the charges have amount because the accounts were not serviced correctly you have in reality on basis on which to complain and that is " hardship".
      You need a careful read through the Ts & Cs of the OD facility letters that are sent out when an OD is approved.

nem

Comment

NatWest no longer have an interest in any of these accounts?
        To which debt purchaser have the accounts been sold?
        When were the accounts sold?

nem

Comment

I am not sure if they have been sold or just dealing on behalf but it was originally Fredrickson and now Moorcroft.

Comment

Take a look at any letters you have if Freds/Moocroft are acting on behalf of the bank they will refer to the bank as their " client".

nem

Comment

yes refers to that...we are dealing on behalf of NatWest bank

Comment

OK that's good you can make a formal complaint in regard to the charges on the grounds of hardship.
                1. Prepare a " common financial statement" i.e. your Total Household Income - v - Total House Outgoings.
                This must include income from all sources and ALL out goings ( priority debts paramount)

nem

Comment

Hi, do I need to send them this? Ive read I need to request a statement of all charges applied in the last 6 years?
                  Income
                  Monthly Amount
                  Your basic take home pay 1200.00
                  Your partner basic take home pay 650.00
                  Child benefit 82.00
                  Total household monthly income £ 1,932.00
                  Your Home Monthly Amount Priority Debt Arrears
                  Mortgage or rent 625.00
                  Home insurance 12.00 Your Home Total Arrears Monthly Payment
                  Council Tax 180.00 Council Tax arrears 350.00 20.00
                  Gas 100.00 Gas arrears 1000.00 20.00
                  Electricity 50.00 Electricity arrears 500.00 20.00
                  Water 75.00 Water arrears 750.00 45.00
                  Home phone charges 12.00 105.00
                  Broadband / internet access 14.00
                  TV licence (link to check cost) 12.00 UNSECURED BORROWING
                  Satelite / cable charges 35.00
                  Housekeeping (food, toiletries & groceries) 250.00 Credit and Store Cards Total Owed Monthly Payment
                  Barclaycard 3000.00 1.00
                  Your Family Natwest 5600.00 1.00
                  Childminding and childcare 175.00 Vanquis 1500.00 1.00
                  Your Vehicles Halifax 4000.00 1.00
                  Hire purchase payments (car, motorbike, van etc) Capital One 1000.00 1.00
                  Road tax (combined if more than one vehicle) 20.00 Santander 1200.00 1.00
                  Insurance (combined if more than one) 51.00 6.00
                  Fuel (petrol, diesel, LPG etc) 150.00 Total Income £ 1,932.00
                  Servicing, MOT, repairs etc 20.00 Total Expenditure £ 1,934.00
                  Total Left over -£ 2.00
                  Other Expenditure
                  Mobile phones 30.00
                  Life insurance 12.00
                  Total monthly living expenses and priority bills £ 1,823.00

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X