• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Shall I accept my Settlement Agreement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shall I accept my Settlement Agreement

Hi,

I have worked for my company for 14 months. In Dec 2014 I was signed off work with depression. I had a breakdown due to the stress at work & health problems. I felt since I made a grievance (summer 2014) against my old boss, I was treated very differently. In fact I found out my old boss didn't even want to employ me, but did ???? I was bullied from day one!

I kept in touch with my new boss & HR to let them know how I was getting on. I asked if I could meet my boss for a chat & a coffee. She replied & said her & HR will meet me. I was so scared. They met me & I was told by HR that my job was being made redundant & if I was made redundant I wouldn't get a pay out. So they told me they would offer me a Settlement Agreement. I had no idea what this was, so done some research for a week. I then told HR I would like to proceed with this.

One thing that was said in the meeting was my current sick note took me up to end of Jan. HR asked me to get this extended to end of Feb, is this right that they asked me to do this?

In the meantime I have found out they have employed someone to do to my job!! In fact they employed this lady mid Jan 2015 & they met me on the 28th Jan 2015......so they employed her before they told me my job was being made redundant........is this right????

I know I don't have many rights as I haven't worked there for the 2 years. But I feel I have been pushed out of my job.

When I made a grievance about my old boss it was to do with him signing Purchase Orders for Construction items (cranes, cabins etc etc) in someone else's name. He was signing orders in my name without my permission & also doing it in people's names who left the company years ago......he was a bully also & made me go home crying everyday & I am quite a strong lady. HR did nothing about it! Surely this isn't correct???? I would say this is fraud......can you use someone's credit card to buy things & get away with it????

So I am now waiting for my Settlement Agreement.....but I din't know what to do as I really think they have gone out of there way to get rid of me. Surely I have some rights???

Any thoughts from anyone would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks,

Karen.
    Tags: None

Re: Shall I accept my Settlement Agreement

Hi Welcome,

The HR person is correct there would be no redundancy pay out.

You need to see what is on offer as you know you have little protection in the first two years,

If the offer is acceptable I'd take it.

nem

Comment

Re: Shall I accept my Settlement Agreement

Originally posted by Karenbill View Post
      So I am now waiting for my Settlement Agreement.....but I din't know what to do as I really think they have gone out of there way to get rid of me. Surely I have some rights???
      If you have less than 2 years service there is no obligation for you to be paid statutory redundancy pay by your company.

They can quite simply make you redundant with no pay off. You would have very little rights.

If they are making you a settlement offer, take it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X