• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court fine outstanding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court fine outstanding

Hi its been nearly a year since i was fined £300 for no insurance,

i tried everything to clear my name but still got fined,

had 11 years no claims, my insurance had overlapped, because of having to leave my home and relocate then being on sick pay losing my salary, and now claiming esa,

ive still not been able to clear it,

i have a small compensation claim im waiting on and plan to pay it, but therw no ref number for it and im scared to turn up at a court to pay it incase theres a bench warrant for it,

ive just about had enough oh everything,

i am living at my bf address at moment and every time the door goes i think its them coming for me, i ve posted on forum today about another matter, i just want some peace of mind, thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Court fine outstanding

Were you guilty of the offence? You will have to address this sooner than later

Comment

Even if OP wasn't guilty of the offence, they were convicted and it is way out of time for any appeal.

Comment

Hi
        You say your "insurance had overlapped". Could you explain what that means?
        If you were driving without insurance. although found guilty you might have escaped penalties because of "special reasons".

However as Steve says, it's a bit late to appeal.
        From your post it looks as if you moved home at the time of the offence, and have moved again since then, as well as now being unwell.
        I would suggest you write to the court fines officer, explain the situation and ask for a deduction from benefits order be made.
        With luck this will not yet have been passed to bailiffs,or if it has the fine could be recalled by the court.

Comment

What special reasons Des? what if during the time they had no insurance someone was injured by them .
          The OP needs to contact the court ASAP before this reaches baillfs and big fees

Comment

Special reasons For example re where driver is unaware there is no insurance.
            Examples given are where a parent wrongly tells a child they are covered under under the parents policy, or an insurance companies' notification of cancellation has not reached he insured.
            The drivers are guilty of driving uninsured, but the courts may (if details are presented properly to an understanding mag!) impose reduced penalties, or no penalty at all.

Damages and injuries caused by uninsured or untraceable drivers are covered by MIB

Comment

So that's ok then? Shall get someone to cancel my policies and not tell me.
              think we have different views on this Des sorry mate

Comment

I didn't say it was OK, just what the position is!
                The MIB step in to ensure injured parties get the compensation they are due.
                It was set up by the insurance industry partly to counteract threats to nationalise it

Comment

Hi inwas not aware at the time my policiy had not renewed, i hadnt even checked it so i know at the time it was my fault because they could see it had lapsed, my friend told me to let it go to court so i could explain the circumstances and also the other things that were gping on in the background at the time, i couldnt return to my home as my ex had being abusing me, his bail had been lifted and alsorted was happening, i up and help my home, i emailed the court and also wrote a letter of explaination and sent in my proof of new claims bonus and the fact id never in 23 years ever had a road offence, they dealt with the matter, and gave me a fine and 6 points, they posted my licence paper part back to my mums address, then the falling week i was unfit to go back to work, as i work in the offshore sector, and am waiting on a operation. I have had only sick pay and i have struggled to make ends meet, and i am now in the process of getting a small compensation claim to which i will pay the fine, but my question was if i go to pay it personally because it was ten months ago would i be arrested for late payment, will there be a bench warrant, there has been no further correspondance from the court to my mums address, or should i just post the fine. Thanks

Comment

The chances of you being arrested if you turn up at court are less than minimal, but if it was I, it would be posted, signed for,
                    But do it as soon as possible, if not yesterday.

Comment

If you show up at the court, even if there is a warrant on it, if you are paying it in full, you won't be arrested (I used to work in the Magistrates Court many moons ago, that was the then practice).

But, as Des says, absolutely the sooner the better.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X