• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Advice needed please from a newbie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed please from a newbie

Hi, this is a bit of a long post but I could really do with some advice please. I am currently employed as a social worker for a local authority. I have been employed for over 4 years. I am currently on sick leave due to burn out and the current issue that I am asking advice on and I have been off sick since October 2015.

In October I was advised by my manager that I was not registered with the HCPC which is a requirement of my role. This is because I was previously registered with the GSCC and I had not received any documentation from the hcpc and therefore I had forgot to register with them, very stupid I know. I contacted hcpc straight away and they confirmed they had a record of me and stated a pack they had sent me was returned to sender, 18 months previously. They stated not to worry and send your registration documents in which I agreed to do. The following day I explained this to work who stated this was not good enough and they wanted me to refer myself to the hcpc under fitness to practice, I did this the same day. I also completed my read mission form and left this with work to complete their part. This was not completed by them for over a month.

Due to having no registration I have been on sick leave since as I am unable to do my job. I have kept in touch with my manager regularly focused on when I am coming back to work. The hcpc took me to panel and work were directed to complete character references for me and had three weeks notice to do so. They failed to complete these references and therefore my registration was rejected. I have asked work why they didn't do the reference and they stated they did but didn't send it until the day of the hearing, and therefore too late. I am appealing the decision but I don't know where to go for advice and I am not in the union. I have asked work what happens now in terms of my job and they have said they are not sure and are seeking advice from HR. It is my opinion I could be back at work if my manager had completed the reference but as she has not done then my registration was rejected and it states this is due to me being not of sufficiently good character. This is the equivalent of being struck off and I will be appealing. I have never been in any trouble in my life so this is upsetting to hear. I have accepted fault for not re registering. Work have previously stated I am a good worker and have had no issues with my practice.

Sorry for the long post, someone please advise me as where to go from here
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X