• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Conveyencing Solicitr missed removal of permitted development

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conveyencing Solicitr missed removal of permitted development

Hi all,

I recently purchased a property with the idea of repurposing the garage for use as a sensory room for my autistic daughter basically just changing the garage door to a normal pvc door and window, however it seems the permitted development right has been blanket removed from my estate as its a new build site and quite common to do so apparently. Our conveyancing lawyer missed this and after speaking to council planning we have to demonstrate parking spaces for 3 cars due to the size of the property and submit a full planning application. There probably isn't enough room for 3 cars but we may be able to squeeze that in. But what are the solicitors liable for? can I make a claim for the cost of the planning application? Where do I stand if it fails in respect to compensation?
    I really appreciate any help as the conveyancing lawyer is not answering my emails at all and i`m sure they are not going to admit liability, just need to know where I stand.

Thanks

'Steve
    Last edited by Stevie_C; 12th February 2015, 22:17:PM. Reason: missed key word sensory!
    Tags: None

Re: Conveyencing Solicitr missed removal of permitted development

Hi and welcome to LB.
    Your lawyer should have carried out a local Authority search which should have turned up restrictions on planning etc.
    You could try complaining to the Legal Ombudsman @ http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/dow...nveyancing.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X