• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ideal World - help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideal World - help please

I purchased an item through Ideal World in November 2014, through flexi payments, 3 payments of £29.99, 1st payment went ok, 2nd payment was due 23rd January, however, i lost my bank card, i didn't know it would effect my 2nd payment until i received a letter from IW saying my bank had declined payment, they would attempt to collect another payment on 6th Feb, if they didn't hear from me they would add a £15 admin fee, i updated my card details straight away and waited to see if any payment went out of my bank on the 6th, as it hasn't gone i rang them today, to make full payment, they would not accept it until i paid the admin fee, i explained that i had updated my details in plenty of time and should not have had the admin fee added on, i was told that updating my card details would only apply on future orders.

It does say in the letter that i have to ring them to update my details, however, as it allowed me to do it online i did, thinking this would be ok, plus, the fact that its cost me 40p per minute from my phone and you can never understand the advisors as its Indian call centre and i am hard of hearing and struggle to hear, it also says in the letter,if we do not hear from you we will attempt to take the payment from the same card again in 14 days, they obviously have tried to take it and now i have a £15 admin fee added on.

This to me seems totally wrong that you have to phone, when everything else can be done online, i even set up the flexi pay online, in the T&C it says they will make 3 attempts and then send to collections, what advice can anyone give me as to what to do, should i just swallow the £15 admin fee or fight it, i have offered to pay the full amount but they won't accept it
    Tags: None

Re: Ideal World - help please

Can I change the credit/debit card I use to pay my Flexi-pay instalments? >
    Yes. If your credit card is lost or stolen or you simply wish to change your details. You can call our Customer Services department (08717 123456), we can update the credit or debit card details held for you. If you change your card details while you have any Flexipay instalments outstanding, then the next instalment(s) due will be taken when you register your new card with us even if this is earlier than when the instalment is otherwise due. This ensures that the credit or debit card details have been validate

How do I settle the account early? >
    Please contact us and we will be able to take payment from you for your remaining instalments in one go.

What happens if I miss a payment? >
    We understand that sometimes mistakes happen. If we attempt to take a payment and your bank declines it, we will send you a letter to let you know.
    We will attempt to take payment again 14 days after the original instalment date. If your card is declined again, we will add a £15.00 plus VAT administration charge to your outstanding balance which will be payable immediately, along with your missed instalment.

http://www.idealworld.tv/flexi-pay.aspx

Comment

thank you, so basically i will have to pay the £15? even tho i have updated my card? albiet online? not via telephone?

Comment

I have put those T&Cs on the thread for other better qualified to help you.
        I myself would not ring the call centre, I would email customer.services@idealshoppingdirect.co.uk or write to them at head office
        Ideal World
        Ideal Home House
        Newark Road
        Peterborough
        PE1 5WG

Explain that you lost your card and what happened after, that you did update your details but unfortunately on line and not over the phone as is required
        Also say you have offered to settle the full amount too and have been told you can't.
        Ask if the £15 can be wavered in this instance .

It seems you have to do it over the phone so they can take a payment straight away from your new card to prove it's ok, that imo is fair enough.
        This is only the way I would play, it someone else may come along and give you a better bit of advice,
        Enaid x

Comment

That;s great thank you, i would have thought the flexi pay is attached to my bank, and not my card, anyhow, i will try writing to the manager and ask for the admin fee to be wavered, after my telephone conversation today i don't see that being possible tbh but i can try for nothing, you have been very helpful, thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X