• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marlin / Cabot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlin / Cabot

Howdy folks,

Recently got a letter from Marlin about a credit card debt from Vanquis they say I owe them for £1500 They are threatening to take me to court to seek a CCJ unless I reply in 7 days.

My credit report shows that the account was opened with Vanquis in August 2006 and the Default date was March 2010.

Now I think I need to send the CCA letter, but do I need to adjust it as the account was opened pre 2007?

Also I don't know when this will become SB, my understanding is it's 6 years from when I missed missed my first payment but not sure when that was, is there an easy way of finding out?

I'm currently trying to sort out my credit file, I can't afford to pay the debt but don't really want a CCJ on my credit file, especially when the default will drop off in a year and it will be SB in a year.
    Tags: None

Re: Marlin / Cabot

pricey,

this in all honesty looks quite a way from being Sb'd if the default year was 2010, and you can almost guarantee cabot/marlin or restons will issue a claim well before the SB'd date so personally i would forget about statute barred.

by sending a CCA request you are not admitting to anything, as long as the request makes it quite clear that you are not admitting liabilty, in my opinion i would send a letter disputing their claim and requesting that they prove the existence of this alleged debt and also include in the envelope an official CCA request, i would refer to the ' enclosed' CCA request in the letter also.

if you put this alleged debt in dispute now, they shouldn't issue a claim, but dont bet on it.

But at least you will have proof that this was disputed and a CCA request was sent within the 7 days they allowed you.

just my opinion

Comment

Cheers, going to get the cca letter off tomorrow, blstill a bit nervous about the risk of getting a ccj on my file

Comment

at the end of the day mate if you are unsure further down the line you can always issue a Tomlin order to try and avoid a ccj,

for now though i would see what they have got to back up their claim

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X