• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons Solicitors/Cabot Financial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restons Solicitors/Cabot Financial

Hi everyone,

I need some help with a letter received today from Restons Solicitors.
    I have a debt which was originally a credit card with whom I can't remember but it has been passed around a few times and now rests with Cabot Financial. I was being pursued by Marlin Financial Services on behalf of Cabot and Marlin have now employed the services of Restons Solicitors. That is the basic story so far.
    The letter from Restons says pay in full by Feb 23rd or they will take County Court action. Alternatively I can make an arrangement to pay by instalments or call them for a significantly reduced full settlement. The debt is for £1399.38.
    When I look on my Equifax credit file the debt shows as defaulted on 29 May 2009 and I haven't paid anything since then. Am I correct in saying that the debt will be statute barred after 29th May this year? I wonder if they are just putting the pressure on because they are running out of time and how best to handle it. As I remember the credit card was a really high interest one and I think most of the debt is charges and interest. Any suggestions on what I should do next?
    Many thanks in advance,
    Steven.
    Last edited by sterow; 1st February 2015, 09:07:AM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X