• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice requires for friend before he cracks up.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice requires for friend before he cracks up.

A friend of mine is in turmoil.

His wife just just walked out with his two children and left him without giving reason two years ago.

She point blank refuses to communicate with him and give him a reason.

He believes she she was seeing someone as he saw something on her FaceBook that raised his suspicions. He challenged her about the post and her solicitor told her to block him from seeing her posts.

That aside, she is demanding that the house is sold for a figure in her mind and wants 70/30 split of assets.

A long qualified chartered surveyor friend of mine ha said that the house in the current market will release around £125-£128k. This is what they paid for it some years ago.

Many friend doesn't know if they have a repayment or endowment mortgage and is possibly close to breakdown from observing his general change in attitude and reactions from what I do know.

He he is paying the mortgage in its entirely. He has the children in Wednesdays and every other weekend from Friday night to Sunday night.

I know nothing of this type of situation. It just seems so unfair that she can demand the house be put up for sale at a price set in her mind irrespective of the fact that he is still paying everything.

Mashed is only responsible for the flat she is renting and associated bills.

So far, I've told him to sack his solicitor who is 'only' £130 per hour and get one that costs £300 per hour. This is not necessarily the best advice and he is reluctant because he wants to retain as much settlement as possible.

Sage advice required please so I can try to help him.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X