• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VERY ( shopdirect ) account arrears ? Don't panic - Debt Management

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VERY ( shopdirect ) account arrears ? Don't panic - Debt Management

Just a note to say that if you find yourself having problems with VERY debts then they are very nice to speak to in the arrears department.

As soon as you think you are getting into problems - eg. when the interest free period ends and it suddenly ramps up to £250 a month whereas you were paying £50 a month previouslu - RING THEM.

Tell them you are struggling and they will recommend STEPCHANGE and will put your account on hold for 7 days. Then speak with Stepchange who will go through your financial situation and recommend token payments or a debt management plan etc. You can then ring Very back with a reference number from Stepchange, which will then put your account on hold for a further 28 days until you get things set up with Stepchange.

Stepchange are also very nice to talk with, and non judgmental, totally.

If your circumstances aren't 'bad enough' to go to a DMP then VERY will accept a reduced payment and put interest and charges on hold for a short period for you.

It is worth speaking with them rather than hiding from it, and the phone and panicing about the rate the debt is increasing, and definitely better than waiting for debt collection and court claims.

Just thought I'd mention that anyway - hope it helps someone before a problem gets out of control. 37% - 50% interest rates rack things up bloody quickly if you hide form it.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: VERY ( shopdirect ) account arrears ? Don't panic - Debt Management

Maybe Shop Direct are learning then. About time.

Comment

Must admit, I was dreading the phone calls but was almost blown over how pleasant they were (and I've now spoken with three different people there, so seems they have upped their customer service training)

I'll update if anything goes wrong, naturally.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I found myself getting deeper and deeper in debt with very and after they asked for £590 I made the dreaded phone calls. After reading blogs I thought I was going to get know where. The person who answered the phone had a strong foreign accent so I think he struggled to understand what I was saying and said i had to pay even extra than what I thought. I apologized to him but said I want to speak to someone else as I don't feel you are understanding what I am saying. And after being put on hold a nice gentleman came on the phone asked what I could afford to pay each month, put my account on hold for two months and just asked me to pay £5 before March rather than the £700 the previous guy stated. He also has worked out how many months it will take me to pay it off at an amount I can afford. Has cancelled all interest going forward saving myself over about £200,000 by the time it would of been paid off if not more. The only downside (to him, not me) was that after I have paid off the amount owing they will close the account. But he did mention if I applied again after I probably wouldn't be turned down. I'm so happy I made the phone call, after weeks of stress the amount of money I have saved on interest is mind blowing!!!!

Comment

Ahhh, just replied to your other post. Good to hear they were as civil to you. As I said they may want you to go through StepChange but keep on top of it and keep in contact with them - they do seem quite good when you are in the poop, so long as you talk to them.
          #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X