• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shortfall after repossession

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shortfall after repossession

I entered into a voluntary repossession on business premises, the action wasn't taken lightly on my behalf however at the time I was at my lowest ever and could not take any more.ths property was sold for a quarter of the price of the market value. The receivers who acted on behalf of the bank never contacted me to advise me I found out by a local who told me that the buildings had been sold.
    there is a massive shortfall and I am being pursued by the banks solicitors to pay up. I have never acknowledged or resumed responsibility for the debt and there has been almost 3 years since all this happened.
    The solicitors have written to me this week requesting financial breakdowns, I am not working and I am supported financially by my husbands pension, I do not claim any benefits. We own a joint property with a mortgage however the equity is only about 10% of the shortfall. My husband is in really bad health and I do not want to lose our house I have had no help in this matter, I wrote to the financial ombudsman about the way the sale took place however they ruled with the bank.
    should the receiver have contacted me during their dealings with the property as I feel that they did not carry our their business with a duty of care, please could someone help me I am going to have to reply to the bank within the next 2 days. I need closure on this its making me ill.
    many thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X