• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Jacobs, acting without Liability Order can they do this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacobs, acting without Liability Order can they do this?

All,

I have been having a lot of contact with Jacobs, I am finally in a better place now where I can do something about fighting back.

I remember a comment about asking the council for a copy of the original liability order, as without it the whole house of cards falls down. Remember NOT paying Council Tax IS an offence, simply paying LATE is not ;-)

So I sent an email to the council and Jacobs asking for a true copy of the original liability order, council have gone quiet apart from repeating they have transferred the collection over to Jacobs, hmm without a liability order they could be in breach of Data Protection, (FOI Request coming up!) then this from Jacobs themselves, don't laugh legal people!

From what I understand, without a copy of the Liability Order Jacobs cannot act as agents and collect this outstanding council tax, when coupled with the incorrect delivery of their letters, not stating the Liability Order on them or the FULL name of the bailiff, I believe I am right in telling them to jog on! Which means the council have to go back to the courts and request a liability order, at which point the whole, how can you charge £35 for something that costs £6 comes into play, then request a full court hearing

I am currently making small payments of around £50 to clear this so by the time it goes back round they will probably have nothing to chase, only the fees they have tried to apply to what is essentially an unlawful document.

Am I right in the above?
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Jacobs, acting without Liability Order can they do this?

I don't think Jacobs has to have a copy of the LO just to be informed that one has been granted and the LA instruct the to pursue the payment.

Maybe wrong.?????

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X