• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Obtaining court transcripts - Family Court Hearings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obtaining court transcripts - Family Court Hearings

My son has been the victim of his ex partners venom over the last 18 months. She lied to obtain an ex parte Non Molestation Order and has then lied blatantly in court hearings to do with both the NMO and the Residence Order for their daughter. Cafcass were involved and one of the officers is a family friend of hers. We have pointed out this conflict of itnerest on numerous occasions and not one person has taken any notice of it, not the Judges, Cafcass themselves who received an official complaint from him in which this was included, and four separate Cafcass officers who have been involved. Due to this misconduct as well as the Cafcass officer deliberately delaying proceedings by not supplying the information required by the Court Order to my son and then altering email which he he had already sent to my son, to make it look like he had not done anything wrong! my son is currently lodging an appeal and an official complaint.

At the last hearing, my son could not attend due to the stress and anxiety that all this has caused him, and the Judge asked me to be present in his place. I pushed and pushed for them to remove one of the requirements put forward by Cafcass and the Judge finally agreed to remove it. I also made a very strong point about the Cafcass officer being responsible for the delay which meant that my son had been unable to fulfill the requirements of the previous Court Order and the Cafcass officer actually apologised to my son in Court.

However, none of this has been recorded in the Court Order issued following the hearing! As I was invited by the Judge into the hearing I was made a party to the case by his actions, and therefore I have made an Official Complaint to the Court (which they 'lost' for a month) and are now saying they will refer the matter to the Judge concerned when he is next in Court.

To be honest, I am not optimistic about obtaining a satisfactory outcome as my experience of the Family Court System because of what has happened to my son is not good.

I have stated in my complaint that the recording of the hearing will prove my points and that if they refuse to correct the errors I will be asking for a Transcript and expect reimbursement, although I've been told thats unlikely!

Throughout the whole series of hearings, my sons ex partner has lied, the cafcass officer did not appear in Court to be questioned over the Section 7 report because he was on holiday and all of the evidence my son has submitted to prove that his ex partner has lied has been completely ignored by the Judges, including written notes from a criminal hearing for breaching the Order, which he was charged with, again because she lied - the charges were dismissed because in that hearing she shot herself in the foot, so he ordered a copy of the notes to prove she's been lying, and they have even ignored that!

He has no other choice than to make Official Complaints and Appeals pretty much everywhere but wants to include the transcripts of each hearing so he can show where she has been lying etc, but he is unemployed and does not have the money to pay for the transcripts, and neither do I. The Court have said there is no other choice - they have to be paid for and that they wont provide just the recordings.

Since his financial situation should not prejudice his position legally, how can he obtain the transcripts or recordings without having to pay for them, as that is probably the only way he will be able to get justice.

Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Obtaining court transcripts - Family Court Hearings

I am assuming that he and yourself are litigants in person.

You cannot obtain court transcripts without paying for them I'm afraid and the cost can be enormous considering the number of them that may have been made.

The best thing I can advice is Fathers for justice, because all the other contacts I can think of are related to issues around what the father has said.

I want to say one thing firstly. If you simply concentrate on what the mother of the child is saying about your son then you are forgetting the basic thing that the judge is concerned with and that is the child itself. You son should perhaps be eligible for legal aid so worth checking that out.

http://www.fathers-4-justice.org/our...-support-faqs/
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X