• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye Ticket from Morrisons Aberdeen - King Street

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye Ticket from Morrisons Aberdeen - King Street

Hi

Can someone clarify this for me.

I parked at Morrisons Aberdeen - King Street on the 12/01/15 at 14.02pm and left at 17.58pm - this is what the letter says from Parking Eye.

I did go into town for some shopping and came back to me car but also went into Morrisons for some shopping as I have a receipt from them which says 15.49.

What I need to clarify is do I pay this £50.00 fine.

I did notice there were a lot of cars which had been there for a long time as they did have frost on them. These cars were parked when I entered and also still there when I left the car park.

Any advise will help.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye Ticket from Morrisons Aberdeen - King Street

Generally, in Scotland, ignoring will still work. Some companies have chanced it in court but as far as i know all have not proceeded to a full hearing as they lost their bottle (probably didn't know who was driving either). Their is no keeper liability in Scotland.

On the other hand PE are usually good at cancelling tickets when a valid receipt is produced. Never tell them who was driving though.

Perhaps :-

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The drive was a genuine shopper (see attached copy of receipt). I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not do so. Should you wish to pursue this matter further please contact the driver.

Yours etc

M1

Comment

Thanks for your help

Comment

Hi,

I am in a similar situation, though after 2 years of no contact Parking Eye has now passed the debt to Equita, who have sent letters requesting the outstanding amounts for twice overstaying in Morrisons Aberdeen car park.
        I have ignored the letters so far, but was wondering if it would be worth writing to both Parking Eye and Equita with a standard format letter explaining I was not the driver of the vehicle and am not required to disclose who was?
        Or should I keep ignoring them?

I should also clarify, on one occasion, I wasn't the driver, and the other occasion, the driver was genuinely shopping in Morrisons, but other than a bank statement, have no proof of the times etc.

(I will post this as a new question also, in case no one is following this old thread)

Cheers,
        Chris
        Last edited by Kati; 29th October 2016, 08:54:AM.

Comment

Without a driver ID they can do nothing in Scotland. The PPC's do read forums and it is not unknown for a forum to be presented to court as evidence. Just keep quiet on the matter or tell them to go away as there is no such thing as keeper liability in Scotland and continued contact infering otherwise is harassment.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X