• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rossendales are coming tomorrow and I'm scared

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rossendales are coming tomorrow and I'm scared

The6 will want to know that you are offering a sustainable arrangement other than securing this on goods an income and expenditure statement which shows you can maintain the plan is the way to go, once you have done this you can contact the ea and see if they will accept this and the payment via phone and emai!

Comment

As you are willing and able to pay offer this to the council direct and avoid any contact with Mr Nice bailiff LOL u may still be liable for their fees but wont have to face him and I suspect his fake concern for you if you wer a big 20 stone rugby player he would soon leave with what he is offered

Comment

What you have to remember if you let him in. He will make alist of your possessions that can be removed if you default on any payment. Because you have willingly let him in then next time he comes he is allowed to force entry.

They will try to ensure you default on payments by:
        Changing the dates when payment is due without telling you
        Failing to send you a payment card or other means of paying it
        Failing to send you a copy of your agreement to pay
        If you are late by even 1 day making payment
        To make payment it must be by clear funds which usually means you have to pay by up to a week in advance.

If you are worried about him coming today then why not go out, he cannot do anything.

Comment

PT has summed up perfectly exactly why you shouldn't let the bailiffs in.

I presume that as predicted, the bailiff didn't show today? He will more likely return when you are not expecting him.

Your payments of £152 would have seen the debt paid in 6 months which is usually the maximum time that the councils request bailiffs allow for payment plans.

You should be mindful that bailiffs work for councils & as such, are answerable to them. As you have found, telephoning the bailiffs only ensures that you get the run around.

If you want action, the best way to get results is by way of a formal complaint to the council. I am now reading this scenario as one whereby you have already set up a payment plan with Rossendales but failed to adhere to it. By doing so, you have incurred a further £235 fee.

I would now be inclined to accept this fee. I would write to the CEO and entitle the letter "Formal Complaint"

Tell the CEO how you set up the plan but had problems with the account. In addition, as with 95% of the population, the Xmas period took its toll on the family budget. You are now in a position to begin payments of £152 immediately, which would mean a final payment of £152 reaching the council in seven months time, instead of six. Hardly a delay that will impact the council in any way, shape or form. The bailiff is advising that the only way that he can set up a new payment plan is to take control of your goods. You are now aware that this is untrue and that by agreeing to this, you are exposing yourself to further fees.

You wish to pay this debt off as agreed. You take responsibility for the failed payment in December, for the reasons stated but now ask that the council intervene so that Rossendales can re-set up the plan, first payment to be made 31st Jan 2015.

Copy Rossendales in on the letter.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X