• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

cca letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cca letter

How long is the statuary time limit to receive a reply from the credit card company after sending the cca letter recorded delv and the fee of 1 pound enclosed
    Tags: None

Re: cca letter

Originally posted by wat View Post
    How long is the statuary time limit to receive a reply from the credit card company after sending the cca letter recorded delv and the fee of 1 pound enclosed
    The Statutory Time Scale For A CCA Request is 12 + 2 Working Days, (no weekends or Bank Hols count).

nem

Comment

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

Comment

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.
        Happy to help!!
        Is there anything else we can do to help?

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
          Happy to help!!
          Is there anything else we can do to help?

nem
          Sir/ Madam.
          Please Advice.
          The CCA letter was posted on the 29/12/2014 recorded ist calss with 1 pound postal order payable to 1st Credit / Original debtor Lloyds .
          1st Credit acknowledged recpt of the letter dated 31/12/2014 and said that they will forward the communication.
          My calculation shows up to today less wk ends and Bank holidays it is now 19 working days have lapsed.
          Please advice my next step.
          Should I contact them? If s is there a template?
          Your help is thoroughly appreciated
          Thank you in anticipation
          WAT 25/1/2015.

Comment

Hi Wat,

Dear 1st Credit,
            Ref: Use theirs.

I refer you to my request made under sections 77/78 of CCA 1974 signed for by 1st Credit on xx/xx/xxxx as you are well aware the time scale for compliance is 12 + 2 working days this has now expired rendering the alleged debt unenforceable.
            1st Credit will now cease all " collection activity" until such time as a fully compliant agreement is produced.

signed for post again.

nem

Comment

Thank you.
              Does this mean that once they are able to find the required information it is enforceable.
              Is the following true. Please explain.

If your debt is unenforceable, this means that your creditors cannot take out a court judgement against you, or demand back items on credit or hire purchase whilst you are waiting for the correct paperwork from them.
              It does not mean that your debts are written off. You will still owe any money outstanding to your creditors and charges and interest could still be added to your debt whilst you are waiting for the information you have requested or for errors to be corrected. What’s more, once your creditor has provided you with the paperwork requested, your debt becomes enforceable again.
              Please advice
              Many Thanks.

Comment

All that is true, for items bought on CC's/unsecured loans, catalogues etc.

HP contracts have different terms and the goods that the finance is secured upon belong to the creditor.

Comment

Thank you, No reply to CCA
                  When the statutory period of 12+2 days are lapsed
                  the creditor could transfer the rights to another company
                  and the process will begin again. They may find the documents required for renewed action.
                  Am I right in assuming this.
                  Thank you for your advice
                  WAT

Comment

If the "agreement " is not produced the debt is unenforceable.
                    A debt a can be sold on, anything could happen.

nem

Comment

Thank you.
                      I shall wait to hear from them. Will seek your advice
                      in due course.
                      Thanks once again.
                      WAT

Comment

Hi,
                        To date I have not recd a reply to the afore said CCA letter.
                        Instead they have written to me on the 10/2/15 recd 13/2/15 saying that an annual statement is enclosed and that if legal action is taken legal costs an interest which is being claimed but yet to be awarded by the court.
                        Please note that I have not sent a letter saying that the statutory time limit has passed for the CCA request no reply. (12+2 Day not 40+).
                        Would be grateful for your advice again.
                        Many Thanks.

Comment

The annual statement is a required item and is not a debt collection "letter"..

Is there a CC Claim on this debt?
                          The debt remains unenforceable until the agreement has been produced.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                            The annual statement is a required item and is not a debt collection "letter"..

Is there a CC Claim on this debt?
                            The debt remains unenforceable until the agreement has been produced.

nem
                            Thank you.
                            There is a CC claim on this debt.
                            I shall wait for further communications from them.
                            Thank you once again
                            WAT

Comment

Thank you.
                              There is a CC claim on this debt.
                              I shall wait for further communications from them.
                              Thank you once again
                              WAT
                              Happy to help.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X