• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Factoring? Getting finance for 50% of the project value

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factoring? Getting finance for 50% of the project value

Dear All,
    I am not sure if this is the place That I can get an answer for my question as this is with regards to business I am running.
    We are manufacturer of bespoke furniture. On the market for almost 3 years. We do have our own workshop, provide client with the advice, design, and while the design is approved creating the final projects from chosen materials, delivering and installing at clients place. Mostly residential but also commercial projects are part of our activity.
    This are all bespoke products, made to measure. We are working close with architects, interior designers and other suppliers.
    By UK law from the moment that the object is assemble into the floor or wall is owned by client regardless if the invoice has been paid.
    This is why we require 50% deposit from the moment that the design is approved and we need to purchase any material to start the work. The remaining balance needs to be paid before delivery. The problem I am facing is cash flow as always remaining balance has to be supported with founds from other project for us to be able to finish and get remaining 50% from the client. So when it comes to the moment that one client is late with payment (even if I am not going to process with installation and waiting for the client to organize the money) my cash flow is affected as the money from other projects were used to finish the one which is facing delays with payment.
    I have mentioned that this is relatively young company and we are not liquid enough to get finance from ordinary bank. I know about factoring and other ways of finance but does anyone can give me an advice who shall I approach. What I need is the finance for remaining 50% after client has paid deposit. Ideal situation is that client is not aware of finance involved. But also I have been told that banks will be interested in sponsoring my clients. Does any one knows who shall I approach?
    Will be grateful for advice.
    Best wishes
    Magdalene
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X