• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Close Brothers finance and unpaid debt but vehicle has been sold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close Brothers finance and unpaid debt but vehicle has been sold

Hello all I would appreciate some advice as I am trying to help a friend who is now in a serious situation.

My friend bought a caravan on finance and fell behind with the repayments due to illness and marriage breakdown. He does not recall receiving any default notices and he wrote to the finance company asking to make reduced payments but they did not respond. He has very stupidly sold the van on with the intention of repaying the finance company but the bottom line is that he did not do it and has now received a card in the post from the finance company asking for the balance to be paid in full and saying they know he has sold it. I am not sure how to help him with this problem and any advice would be much appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Close Brothers finance and unpaid debt but vehicle has been sold

Hi Welcome,
    This is indeed a serious situation, all caravans have a unique ID imprinted on various part of them this will identify stolen caravans and
    also the legal owner of the van i.e. the finance company.

How much is the finance company seeking to recover?
    What prospect of payment is there?

nem

Comment

Re: Close Brothers finance and unpaid debt but vehicle has been sold

Thank you for the quick reply

They are seeking approx. £5k and the prospects are pretty low as he is unemployed. Could he offer token payments? I asked him if he discussed the finance with the people he sold it to and he says not, I also asked if they did an HPI check and again he thinks not.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X