• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Lowell / Shop Direct - 10-9-2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim - Lowell / Shop Direct - 10-9-2014

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 10-9-2014
    Amount approx: £1,600
    Claimant: Lowell
    Solicitor: Bryan Carter
    Original Credit: Shop Direct

Particulars of Claim:
    Hi, I confirmed that I would be defending the claim in full (on behalf of my wife). I requested the original signed credit agreement and various other particulars (copy statements etc). They have responded (to the court and copying my wife in) with copy of orders (not statements). They have supplied us with a copy of the credit agreement with my wife's particulars filled in (not her handwriting) and it is unsigned. a hearing date is set for 2nd Feb. Bryan Carter inform us that they won't be attending the hearing and have informed the courts. I will be attending on my wife's behalf and could do with some assistance/advice. Thanks in anticipation.

Stat Barred? No

Have sent: Acknowledged the Claim, Sent a CPR 31.14 request

Other Info:
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim - Lowell / Shop Direct - 10-9-2014

Hi Welcome,
    Your wife will have to attend the court for this.

What else has been provided with this alleged agreement?

This I think is intended to be a reconstituted agreement which must have ALL the following parts. ( no sig required).

The debtors name and address at inception of the account.
    The Ts & Cs at inception and closure of the account.
    Any other documents mentioned in the Ts & Cs.
    Any material amendments made to the Ts & Cs during the life of the agreement.

Without all of those parts the agreement is not compliant, if this so then:

I suggest that you get a letter off to Carter telling him that the " reconstituted" agreement is not compliant and is therefore rejected and you respectfully suggest that he informs his client and suggest it withdraws the claim in the interest of saving costs and court time.

Can you post a copy of the alleged agreement (suitably redacted here please.

I would also suggest a CCA request to Shop Direct asap.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X