• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

proposal 2 change 35 to 25 hours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proposal 2 change 35 to 25 hours

hi ever one !

my company has proposed to reduce my hours from 35 to 25. the reason is to reduce wastage.
    i have worked for the company 9+ years.
    we are 4 full time staff and 7 part time staff. when i started work at this company, we were 3 full time and 1 part time staff. our duties were receptionist, meet and greet.
    The company employs now 4+7 =11 staff in total doing the above job. We all working for the same company and branch, at BMW
    the manager has proposed for me and other 1 person called janet to reduce our 35 hrs to 25 each. the other 2 full timer, no changes.
    when i asked y , he said that joo is works in different dept so it does not effect her, and for elli he said she has worked 11+ years , so it does not effect her.
    ========================= ========================= ========================= ====
    change in terms and conditions of employment:
    the company reserves the right to amend / alter your term and conditions of employment to meet business needs and accordance with changes in employment legislation.
    ========================= ========================= ========================= =====
    my question?
    (1) does the manager has write to reduce my hours on the ground of “reduce wastage” ?
    (2) there is no other clause on my contract, that will allow him to do that, apart from the above.
    (3) he has not reduced any hours for the other 2 full times , doing same job i do. Can the manager do that??
    (3b) the girl who has done 11+years service , there is no change, so Y is it, there is a change on me, when I have done 9+ years service. ?
    (3c) The 2 part timers been there less that 2year, just reduced 5 hours a week each. Could he not sack them. The mistake the manager has done is that he has employed 1 too many part timer’s.
    (4) and also reduce 5 hours each for 2 part timer and increase 2.5 hours for 3rd part timers after the second meeting with him. No such a change to me considering I am going to loss 29% of my income. Can he do that ???
    (5) is the manager write to say that joo doing the same job does 45+ hours, does not be considered to reduction in hours as she works in the different department. Even though we mend her desk during lunch hour.
    (6) Before the changes about a year a go, we all receptionist use to do rotas on job describe in (5). Is it possible to bring this argument at a tribunal?
    (7) out of 200 staff at my branch, he is saving between 20 and 22.5 hours. He could have done cuts on “over lay” all staff, were feasible to part time and save the company hours, is it not possible to also bring this argument to a tribunal

do i legally stand any chance of winning if i take the company to industrial tribunal.

any help will be appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X