• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Opus / Citi Agreements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opus / Citi Agreements

Hi All
    Hoping someone can advise ,
    Couple years ago sent Cabot CCA for citi card debt assigned to opus.
    paperwork that came back was all photocopies 1/4 page size

1 set was citi credit card agreement with name & address typed in and 12 pages of T&C's

opus credit card agreement with account no and credit limit, 5 pages of T&C's

1 photocopy of a opus letter again 1/4 size titled
    Opus card Number 1234 1234 1234 (which I have never had)
    Telling me how they have sent true copies and fulfilled there obligation etc etc

Now received Court Claim with Drydensfairfax involved.
    Sent another CCA request to cabot who wrote back telling me I've already had the documents but will re-send if requested.
    Can someone advise what I should be receiving from Cabot and how I should request the information that I require
    ,Any advice whatsoever would be much be appreciated
    Last edited by station101; 20th January 2015, 17:22:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Opus / Citi Agreements

Hi... WELCOME TO LEGAL BEAGLES... Have you actually received a Judgement? Or is this a claim against you???? :tongue2:

Comment

An aside to the above..... Citi sold off a load of its accounts to OPUS, Did you keep an original copy of your agreement with Citi? What year did you sign up with Citi? These are important thanks

Comment

CPR 31.14 is for documents mentioned in the POC only.

Are you saying that a judgement has been made? ("now received a CCJ with Drydens involved") of just that a claim has been issued.
        What you have received is a reconstituted agreement.
        Does this have your name and address as it was at the inception of the account?

The practice is to refer to the card as " Credit Card from Opus" as they now own the debt/account as successors to Citi.

Comment

Hi Sorry, Yes have received a claim just before xmas
          claim says between defendant and opus credit card - account 1234 etc
          sent drydens a 31.14 for copy of agreement and assignment as mentioned in particulars of claim, requested extension by email and received letter back saying contents of email has been noted and required documents have been requested from client (Cabot) and the account has been placed on hold.
          Think they were trying to trick me on that point in making me think they have extended. I have now lodged a defence of not having received any documents to inspect.
          Sorry just realised meant to say sent CCA to Cabot in original thread.
          So citi agreement in box says "copy of your agreement for you to keep"has a date at top of 01 11 2005 and has my address typed on
          late fees are £25.00,purchase rate is 14.9% if that helps any.12 pages but photocopy of 1/4 A4 size.
          I have a BMI statement from Jan 2009 with £12.00 default and 26.9% purchase rate.

I also received 6 photocopy credit card statements which I have never seen before. opus statements with account number that differs from the one on the claim and numbers look more like card numbers stating balance/a credit limit and min payment
          apr 30.5%

As all this is info is from 2 years ago so should I ask Cabot to abide by my CCA request and if so do I need to point out anything in particular?, just make another request and see what comes back or should I go with the info I have.

At the moment I am doing what other people have done on similar threads and I am going to come back with all the info.
          I'm totally confused as how a debt with bmi which had the agreement terminated turned into receiving statements as though I've had an opus credit card maybe someone can help me out how that works,
          Thanks for taking an interest and any info would be greatly appreciated.
          Last edited by station101; 20th January 2015, 17:21:PM.

Comment

It is correct to be the matter on hold as the debt is unenforceable until the agreement is produced.
            Just be vigilant!
            I wonder if Cabot may try o get a recon agreement again!

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X