• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

GE Money/CL Finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GE Money/CL Finance

Hi there-would appreciate a bit of advice on this one please. I took a £5000 loan with GE Money around 17th April 2007.( Date on the copy agreement) A few months later I fell behind with payments and eventually GE sold the debt to CL Finance 1st February 2008. Lewis are the people currently making the collections which were being made through a debt management company. The guy running the debt management company has retired through ill health and I want to try and tackle this myself now. I sent SARS requests GE and Santandaer in December 2009 and received all the documentation okay including a true? copy of the original agreement from both. When one is laid on top of the other they are slightly out of alignment in the signature box-is this normal?-I would have thought EVERYTHING should align correctly if they are true copies? I also sent a request to CL Finance at the same time and the copy agreement they sent is completely different in the signature box. When it is compared to the other two the date and signature are miles out of alignment. To be honest the signature is also slightly different. I have sent a s78 request again to CL to see what the latest copy looks like! Strangely enough this debt was never entered with any of the credit reference agencies- don't know why.

If CL have forged the documentation which appears likely-where do I stand?
    Tags: None

Re: GE Money/CL Finance

If the copy agreement has been printed off of microfiche then it really wouldn't suprise me if alignments are out. If there are major discrepencies then I'd worry but minor alignment issues I'd ignore.

Only way to give a decent opinion on that is if you scanned the copies in.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

" Forgeries" are extremely unlikely. Photocopies if not done carefully can easily be off centre.
      As Amethyst has said a sight of the documents would help.

nem

Comment

Thanks Amethyst. I will wait a little while to see what the latest copy is showing. The CL copy is significantly different-the signature in relation to the date is much more closely bunched together and the signature looks different.

Comment

Here are the copies as I received them. I have left my signature on as it is illegible anyway! What I presume are the originals are carrying council tax account number and also passport details which I have obliterated. I have only obliterated my address details and part of the account number from the the CL copy-there was no passport or council tax details on this. Have a look at the part in the signature box where it says bound by its terms-the signature in the CL copy ends before this and in the other copies it ends after this. Also the signature itself is a little different.

On another issue-my wife had a current account with Lloyds tsb which was defaulted - should I send a s78 or is there no point in doing so for a current account-just carry on paying it? Thanks Mc
          Attached Files

Comment

First two copies are the same - third one is different

see here overlaid

The rest of the text on the agreement is much clearer too. I'd say it was a reconstruction, which would be fine, but they appear to have forged your signature and date onto it ! Note the curve vs the point of the last bit. Also the closing of the 0 in the date and the roundness of the 7

The executed signature C While? seems to be the same though.
            Attached Files
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by McGinty View Post

On another issue-my wife had a current account with Lloyds tsb which was defaulted - should I send a s78 or is there no point in doing so for a current account-just carry on paying it? Thanks Mc
              No, s.78 doesn't apply to a current account.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

I would agree Amethyst -it's a slightly different signature-perhaps derived from another document they possess? I will wait for the next version of it-see which one it matches! At least I will have them for fraud! I am not surprised the C While is the same-they probably have an open door to that signature! Mc

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X