• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**CASE CLOSED** Court Claim - Lowell/Vanquis - 15-1-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - Lowell / Vanquis - 15-1-2015

Just wondered, any good?..

Comment

Are all of the documents requested mentioned in the Particulars of Claim?

Comment

PoC
        The claimants claims for the sum of £304 being monies due form the defendant to the claimant under a store cards agreement regulated by the CCA 1974 between the defendant and vanquish bank under acc ref.....and are assigned to the claimant on 05-09-2014 notice of which has been given to the defendant. (er, no it hasn't!)
        The defendant failed to maintain the contractual payment under the terms of the agreement and a default notice has been served and not complied with (not it wasn't, never received it)..
        The claim includes stat interest pursuant to sec 69 of the county court act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum at a daily rate of 0.05% from the date of the assignment of the agreement to 13-01-2015 being an amount of 6.55

Comment

OK CPR can only ask for Agreement/NOA/DN. I would specifically ask for the " store card agreement" I don't think Vanquis are involved in store cards.
          nem

Comment

Don't know why they put that in the PoC, it was a Credit card..

Comment

because they are penis's
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

ok, so what is my course of action? Change the CPR for "Store card" agreement as to the PoC onto claim...

1. The Agreement. Together with the relevant terms associated with that account, you will appreciate that in an ordinary case and by reason of the provisions of CPR PD 16 para 7.3, where a claim is based upon a written agreement, a copy of the contract or documents constituting the agreement should be attached to or served with the particulars of claim and the original(s) should be available at the hearing. Further, that any general conditions incorporated in the contract should also be attached.
                2. The notice of assignment.
                3. The formal demand
                4. The default notice, compliant with 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

would this part not cover the "agreement"?..surely it is up to them to find the store card agreement..(they wouldn't would they as there wouldn't be one anyway...not for a store card anyways...
                Last edited by beaconsman; 18th January 2015, 17:37:PM.

Comment

MCOL not working, was hoping to submit AoS online but it keeps saying, claim no or password incorrect..bit suspicious..

Comment

MCOL works when it feels like it - give them a buzz in the morning.

The Money Claim Online Helpdesk experiences a high volume of calls. Please consider e-mailing your query to: MCOL@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk or call us on 0300 123 1057.

And I would just ask for agreement.... we can mention the store card bit later.
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

OK doke, just done the envelopes with addresses and post in notes saying what goes in them! I'll get a Postal Order tomorrow so they will catch last post..then guess its a waiing game to see what they chomp with re a VALID cca..signed by me?..6 years ago, and a notice of assignment, default etc...none of which i have received and mentione in their PoC...

Postal Order made out to Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd crossed and to be used only for the cca fee written on it?

Comment

Originally posted by beaconsman View Post
                        account start date 31-01-08
                        date of default 12-06-09

stay at home dad (no income) supported by my wife, responable for a 4 yr old, 3 yr old and 12 yr old.
                        Open uni student as well.
                        No different to a stay at home mother.

You shouldn't be a ashamed, men & women are the same, as women keep telling us..

Comment

Im not ashamed, just wish this would go away, was hoping to catchup on studies..have a long week ahead. Got the letters all ready to go though, sticky notes on each reminding what goes where and postal order etc..so AoS will be sent recorded. CPR will be sent to BWLegal recorded and CCA (with postal order for fee) sent to Claimant,Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd..hope this all ok, just need the dates now as to how long I have to wait for replies ..if i get any response at all.

Comment

You should get replies CCA within 12+2 days, and the CPR within 7 days - you probably won't so the deadline you are keeping an eye on is your defence date.

What are you studying?
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Amethyst
                              "Your defence isn't due in until 33 days from the date printed on the claim form as issue date ( 15th Jan I believe) so you have till Tuesday, February 17, 2015
                              "
                              So basically wait of the CCA and the CPR response, and hope to file a decent defence by this time,,? (February 17 2015..) just getting right in my head, have an assignment due for Open Uni Midday 16th!

Comment

Was reading a BEng now switched to a BSc..1st module of year 2 (part time)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X