• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mothers Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mothers Day

What does it mean to you, if anything?
    I know for some, your mums won't be around, either they passed away, you have moved away, or the relationship has broken down.
    Some of us are mums, are you made to feel special today?
    For those who wanted to be mums and for some reason couldn't be, how does today make you feel?
    So not mentioning the commercial side of today, we all know about that. Lets hear what you really think.

I'll start.

Well I am a mum of 2, I can't see me getting any presents or cards cause one of my kids can't and the other probably won't.
    It doesn't bother me at all either, OH used to get me cards for our Tilly to send but TBH it's not the same, so I told him not to bother.
    As for the other child, he doesn't know what day it is let alone if it's a special one or not. So I have gone passed even caring with him.
    I buy for my mum and MIL, this year we asked MIL if there was anything she would like and she said "bedding plants for her tubs", what a joy they are waiting to go later on.
    As for my mum I got her Delia Smiths cheat cook book, like me she loves reading recipes. When I give it to her thanks will be "What have I told you about wasting your money" always the same but she does appreciate it really.
    Other than that today will be no different for me, I will be cooking a roast beef dinner and enjoying a cocktail or two later on lol. After all it is Mothers Day lol

Re: Mothers Day

I never had my own kids, was pregnant once and lost it at 7 months. When i met himself I 'inherited' 2 grown up children with families of their own, their 'real' mum is still around, so although by meeting himself in one fell swoop I became a stepmum, stepgrandmum and now a stepgreatgrandmum of sorts, I've never been treated as such.

What today means to me as someone who has never had her own:
    • Never have had a mothers day card, or a birthday/xmas card with MUM on.
    • Never done the xmas stuff either.
    • Never known the warm feeling of holding your own child in your arms.
    • Never been part of the 'school run' crowd, and stood around gossiping outside the school.
    • Never known unconditional love from another human being. (Thats why pets are so important to me).
    • Stood looking wistfully at the mothers day stuff in Tesco's yesterday wishing it could be me.
    Paying all my life taxes to go to something I've never benefitted from ie schools etc. Do I think the childless should get a rebate, yes in a way I do.

Do I feel bitter ? You bet I do !

So all you lucky ones out there have a great day and enjoy the love that you receive. But spend just a small moment of thought for those who for some reason havn't got children, whether for one reason or another they couldn't have them, didn't want them or whatever.

I mean this from the bottom of my heart: Have a great day all you mums out there.

Comment

simple: If i fail to get a card then it will be drive by shooting time in which my body will be found riddled with bullets. One of the few days in the year when I HAVE TO remember a card

Comment

Aww Sapphy (((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) don't know what to say

I have 4 wonderful (although they haven't always been wonderful I must say, we have had our share of problems)They have shown me in the past few days just how much they care.

I don't worry about cards and presents etc, as long as I get a hug that will do for me.
        Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

Oh Sapph xx

I have a meeting today at the rugby club - some old duffers need sorting out and I think it may get a bit heated.

Bloody hell, just realised the time, I better get up! Now I have 35 minutes to shower, do hair and get to rugby club for the beer that will be lined up on the bar for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy View Post

Bloody hell, just realised the time, I better get up! Now I have 35 minutes to shower, do hair and get to rugby club for the beer that will be lined up on the bar for me.
            PMSL no change there then!!

Comment

I hate Mothers Day. Today is the day many years ago my mother disowned me simply cause she couldnt be bothered being a mother any more.

Sorry to everyone who thinks its a great day I think it sucks.

Mothers should be loved all year round, I dont see why there should be a special day seems like another commercial holiday.
              When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

I agree it has become quite commercial now, but as with valentines, fathers and other special days - in this day and age when we are all so busy it is nice and I think important to have a particular day set aside which you can dedicate to someone special - or show someone you think of them when you wouldn't usually do so. Yes it shouldn't be needed and you should show it all year round, but many of us don't.

In olden times it was considered important for people to return to their home or "mother" church at least once a year. So each year in the middle of Lent, everyone would visit their "mother" church.
                As the return to the "mother" church became an occasion for family reunions when children who were working away from home returned. (It was quite common in those days for children to leave home to work in service from ten years of age.)
                The majority of historians think that it was this return to the "Mother" church which led to the tradition of children, particularly those working as domestic servants, or as apprentices, being given the day off to visit their mother and family. This special day has now become a time when people give thanks to their mothers and offers an opportunity to express both love and thanks for the work that they do.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Bloody hell, just realised the time, I better get up! Now I have 35 minutes to shower, do hair and get to rugby club for the beer that will be lined up on the bar for me.[/quote]

Lets hope its just beer lined up and not wine or you'll be diving in head first pmsl.

Comment

That reminds me, must ring my mother.
                    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Just been to our local fishing village three miles away for a bite to eat with my mum. Himself and I go there every week for a bit of lunch if we can, but we usually make it for brekkies around 7.30 am on a Sunday.
                      Jeeeeez it was packed with peeps doing the same thing, anyway it was very nice, but will be better when things get back to normal and no one's making that special effort for just one day.
                      Anyway my mum bought us a pressie today, she and I have a pint of cockles and a pint of prawns between us, and of all things, she's treated himself to a pint of whelks - when he's had them and a pint of guiness its going to be a windy night tonight in our house, I think I'll sleep in the spare room tonight.

Comment

(It was quite common in those days for children to leave home to work in service from ten years of age.)
                        Which pillock abolished this grand idea? lol

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                          (It was quite common in those days for children to leave home to work in service from ten years of age.)
                          pmsl

Comment

Mother's Day is very special to my kids more than it is to me..........I have a box full of all the cards etc they made me over the years amongst the other special stuff they make me........It is a day for them more than me..........They use it as there way of saying 'well done mum we love you' and you cant buy that...........It is also a day for me to reflect about the shortcomings of my own mother.......But hey ho I am a very very lucky lady.....I have 5 wonderful kids of my own and 2 wonderful step kids who make a fuss of me also.......And I thank gawd that I had the skills to be a good mum to them and I am as proud of them as they are of me............I also feel a little sad for the women who selflessly try to be mothers and for 1 reason or another it is not possible as a little part of me tries to understand what they must feel...........So the bottom line is that today I am grateful for my kids and cherish every moment I have with them and hope when I am long gone they each instill a warm loving bond into their own kids to give to the next generation etc etc........ as thats when I know I will have done a good job.........Happy Mothers Day everyone...xxxx

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
                              Absolutely agree with you Di pmsl.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X