• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - MKDP LLP / lloyds tsb - 15-1-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim - MKDP LLP / lloyds tsb - 15-1-2015

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 15-1-2015
    Amount approx: £5800
    Claimant: MKDP LLP
    Solicitor:
    Original Credit: lloyds tsb

Particulars of Claim:
    The claimant claims the sum of 5766.27 being monies due from the defendant to the claimant under a regulated agreement originally between lloyds tsb bank plc. the defendant's account number was xxxxxxxxxxx and was assigned to the claimant on 20/06/2014, notice of this has been provided to the defendant. The defendant has failed to make payments in accordance with the terms of the agreement and a default notice has been served pursuant to the consumer credit act 1974. The claimant claims the sum of 5766.27 and cost. The claimant has complied as far as is necessary with the pre-action conduct practice direction

Stat Barred? No

Have sent: Acknowledged the Claim

Other Info:
    Can someone please advise me as to what to do next. Do i sent a CCA request or CPR 31.14 request, as i can't remember what this debt is for. Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim - MKDP LLP / lloyds tsb - 15-1-2015

Send both

The claimant claims the sum of 5766.27 being monies due from the defendant to the claimant under a regulated agreement originally between lloyds tsb bank plc. the defendant's account number was xxxxxxxxxxx and was assigned to the claimant on 20/06/2014, notice of this has been provided to the defendant. The defendant has failed to make payments in accordance with the terms of the agreement and a default notice has been served pursuant to the consumer credit act 1974. The claimant claims the sum of 5766.27 and cost. The claimant has complied as far as is necessary with the pre-action conduct practice direction
    CPR 31.14 - send to MKDP - it can ask for

agreement
    terms of agreement
    default notice
    notice of assignment

Also send a CCA request to MKDP in case it is a credit card or loan ( sounds like it might be from the POC and the amount outstanding )

Do you recall what products you have had previously with Lloyds ?

Link to the letters

2: Send A CCA REQUEST to the CLAIMANT ( see here )
    This applies to all credit cards / loans / hire purchase / store cards type debt. It doesn't apply to Mobile Phones / Utilities or Overdrafts.

3: Send a CPR request to the CLAIMANT'S SOLICITORS ( see here )

This applies to everything unless they happen to have supplied you with a bunch of paperwork to back up their claim (v. unlikely)
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Amethyst,

Thanks for replying. I took out a loan for a family member in 2007 and I also had a credit card in 2008. I tried to pay them off but in 2011 I couldn't pay them any longer. So I'm not so sure which of them they are chasing me for. I will send both requests on Monday. what should I expect once I send the requests to them

Comment

Hello again,

I've recently received a letter from MKDP LLP after sending the request for both a CCA and CPR 31.14. Can someone please help as I'm not sure what to do next.

The letter states as follows:

Dear XXXX
        we write with reference to your recent request to inspect the documents referred to in our statement of case under CPR 31.14.
        Unfortunately at this time we are unable to fulfil your request and as such we will need to liaise with the original lender to request the appropriate documents. We will forward these to you upon receipt but this may take up to 8 weeks.

However, we draw your attention to the fact that this claim is for a balance less than £10,000 and the normal track will be the small claims track which is governed by the rules and practice directions of CPR 27. This means that part 31 of the rules is not applicable to your claim pursuant to cpr 27.2(1)(b) and CPR 31.1(2). It is not our intention to obstruct proceedings, on the contrary it is our view that the early disclosure of documents assists in reaching settlement. It is also worth noting that we are required to file and serve on you and the court copies of all documents upon which we intend to rely at least 14 days prior to any date fixed for a final hearing in order to substantiate our claim and in compliance with CPR 27.4.
        Please note that now that a claim has been issued it is your responsibility to file a response and we may apply for judgement if an Acknowledgement of service or defence is not filed at the appropriate time. For the avoidance of doubt it is our contention that your are in a position whereby you can respond to the claim form to the extent that you can admit or deny both liability and quantum without sight of any documents.

Thanks in advance

Comment

They are correct in their letter in the main part - and its nice to see they have improved their letters somewhat.

However they haven't had sight of the documents before bringing the court claim against you, AND you are not yet allocated to the small claims track and therefore CPR 31.14 does apply as things stand. There isn't any need to respond to this letter but you can respond to counter this bit our contention that your are in a position whereby you can respond to the claim form to the extent that you can admit or deny both liability and quantum without sight of any documents. and say that you do not know which debt as their particulars do not state what type of agreement they are claiming on and you have had credit cards and loans with Lloyds in the past (that's not admitting to anything but informing them they have NOT given you enough information with which to defend/admit their claim)

This is only your reply to the CPR request - the CCA can't be avoided quite so easily.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thanks Amethyst for replying to my post. Should I apply to the court for more time as I think the 28/33 days is coming up soon or should I submit my defence using the above information. I received the Claim on the 17th of January.

Comment

to be honest after that reply from them I would just go direct to defending, and I'd quote a bit of their letter and tell the court you do not know if this is a loan / overdraft / credit card etc in the defence and indicate your surprise that they have bought the claim without knowing themselves or having had sight of any documentation.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Amethyst, can you please go over my defence and let me know whether it is OK to sumbit......Thanks

I received the claim xxxx from Northampton county court on
                the 17th of january 2015.

2.Each and every allegation in the claimant statement of case is
                denied unless specifically admitted in this defence.

3. This claim appears to be for a credit card/loan agreement
                regulated under the consumer credit Act 1974.

4. The claimants statement of case fails to give adequate
                information to enable me to properly assess my position with
                regards to the claim

5. On the 30.01.2015 I sent a request for inspection of documents
                mentioned in the claimants statement of case under Civil Procedure
                Rule 31.14 to the Claimant I requested the Claimant provide copies
                of the Agreement, Default Notice and Notice of Assignment. On the
                same day I also sent a formal request for a copy of the original
                agreement to the Claimant pursuant to section [77 or 78] of the
                Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee.

6. The claimant has failed to comply with my requests. On the 13th
                of February 2015 I received a letter from the claimant which
                stated that 'unfortunately at this time we are unable to fulfil
                your request as such we will need to liaise with the original
                lender to request the appropriate documents. They replied only to
                the CPR 31.14 request and has still not replied to my CCA request.

7 I do not know if this is a loan, overdraft or credit card, I am
                surprised that the claimant has bought the claim without knowing
                themselves or having had sight of any documentation.

8. The Claimant has failed to comply with [s77 (1) / s 78 (1)]
                Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of [s77 (4) / s 78 (6)]
                Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement
                9. I request the court orders the Claimants to provide the
                necessary documentation in order for me to fully plead my case
                else the Claim should stand struck out.
                10. In the event that the relevant documents are received from the
                Claimants I will then be in a position to amend my defence, and
                would ask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment.

Comment

Will do xx
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

thanks a lot

Comment

1. I received the claim xxxx from Northampton county court on
                      the 17th of january 2015.

2.Each and every allegation in the claimant statement of case is
                      denied unless specifically admitted in this defence.

3. The claimants state claim is for an alleged agreement
                      regulated under the consumer credit Act 1974, between myself and Lloyds Bank Plc.

4. The Claimant gives an account number that I do not recognise.

5. The Claimant gives no details of the type of account. I have had a number of products in the past with Lloyds Bank including a current account, loan, overdraft and credit card. I do not know what this claim relates to.

6. I am not aware of having any outstanding debt to Lloyds Bank Plc of, or about, the sum claimed.

7. On the 30.01.2015 I sent a request for inspection of documents
                      to the Claimant. I requested the Claimant provide copies of the agreement, the terms of agreement, default notice, notice of assignment as disclosed in their statement of case.

8. On the
                      same day I also sent a formal request for a copy of the original
                      agreement to the Claimant pursuant to sections 77-79 of the
                      Consumer Credit Act 1974 along with the statutory £1 fee.

9. The claimant has failed to comply with my requests. On the 13th
                      of February 2015 I received a letter from the claimant which
                      stated that 'unfortunately at this time we are unable to fulfil
                      your request as such we will need to liaise with the original
                      lender to request the appropriate documents.

10. The claimant contends they have given me enough information to plead in this case, however despite my requests I still do not know if this is a loan, overdraft or credit card, I am surprised, if it is as appears, that the claimant has bought the claim, and made their statement of truth, without knowing
                      themselves or having had sight of any documentation.

11. The Claimant has failed to comply with my request under sections 77-79
                      Consumer Credit Act 1974 and therefore cannot enforce the agreement whilst that default continues.

12. I request the court orders the Claimants to provide the
                      necessary documentation in order for me to fully plead my case
                      else the Claim should stand struck out.

13. In the event that the relevant documents are received from the
                      Claimants I will then be in a position to amend my defence, and
                      would ask that the Claimants bear the costs of the amendment

14. For the avoidance of doubt it is denied that the claimant is entitled to the relief as claimed or at all.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

just made a couple amendments for you xx You can word it a bit better but I've just de-templatified it a bit and strengthened your confusion..... if that makes sense.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Amethyst, Ive Just received what appears to be a credit agreement (on one page) from MDKP LLP with my signature on it. Could you please let me know where I stand and how to proceed?

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mutyak View Post
                            Hi Amethyst, Ive Just received what appears to be a credit agreement (on one page) from MDKP LLP with my signature on it. Could you please let me know where I stand and how to proceed?

Many thanks
                            Could you scan it or take a picture, remove all personal details and post it up? :typing:

If it's just one page, it may not have all the terms on it...

Comment

Thanks for responding.

here is a copy of the agreement.

thank you
                              Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X