• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyds bank odraft settelement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds bank odraft settelement

Guidance needed.
    i have odraft of 2990.00. With lloyds. They passed it to DCA I send them a cheque monthly for 8.00 payment has been sent since 2010. So I have paid 384.00 off in 4yrs.
    it will take me 25yrs plus to pay it off...of course most of it is bank charges.
    dca do not chase me...occasionally I get a letter telling me it's going to take years to pay off...I do not respond to letters ...
    im thinking of sending them a settlement offer to close the account £400 just to close the thing down....? Am I dreaming?
    Tags: None

Re: Lloyds bank odraft settelement

Hi Lowry,
    Anything is worth a try!!!
    This time you emphasise the impossible time scale for repayment and there is unlikely to be any possibility that payments will increase, and in fact may have to be reduced at some point.
    However DO NOT make any payment without having written acceptance of the offer which has to be conditional on the balance of the debt not being sold or assigned for collection to any third party.

Which DCA is this with please?

nem

Comment

Moorcroft....
      Do we have a template letter?
      i have a ccj with lloyds £1 per month shld I put that in the letter

Comment

Lloyds confirm they own the debt but have instructed moorcroft to collect...who does the offer letter go to moorcroft or Lloyds ?

Comment

Send to Moorcroft:

Date
          Ref: use theirs:

Re: Lloyds Bank:

Sir/Madam

I refer to the above mentioned debt on which I am making agreed payments of £1.00 per month, given the amount outstanding
          it will take a considerable number of years to repay this.

As my financial situation is very unlikely to improve and more likely to worsen I am prepared to make an offer in Full and Final Settlement of this debt in the sum of £xxx.xx, this offer is made on condition that the remaining balance is not to be sold or assigned to any third party for collection and credit file entries are marked partially satisfied.

Payment will be made within 7 days of my receiving your written acceptance.

Send signed for post.

nem

Comment

Thanks ...typed and ready to,post

Comment

:okay:
              Originally posted by Lowry1234 View Post
              Thanks ...typed and ready to,post
              :okay: Keep us up to speed please Lowry.

nem

Comment

[QUOTE=nemesis45;508445]:okay:

:okay: Keep us up to speed please Lowry.

nem

of course unless I'm sectioned under the mental health act for my plastic combs and carrier bags personality disorder

Comment

I believe that your activities are a clear sign of SANITY when dealing with the unbelievable nutters in the world of debt collection:der:

Comment

897.00 bank charges
                    interest 1397,00
                    total 2294.00
                    debt ostanding 2900

Comment

Recd a response to my offer.
                      they have written back wanting a full financial statement from me then moorcroft will discuss with lloyds
                      is this good news?
                      advice please. More than ok to send of statement and proof of earnings

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X