• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclaycard. Strange

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard. Strange

I have three old barclaycards before 1992
    9000 repayment £8 pm
    1500 payment £1
    1800 payment £1 per mnth

I never receive any statement from barclaycard or debt collectors I've made these minimum payments since 2010....,defaults on credit file since 2010
    i did the ccA request etc...they couldn't produce any...

is this not strange that barclaycard haven't sold my debts on or requesting me to pay higher repayments
    they did not agree to this repayment amount it's just what I send to them since the last 4yrs...
    perhaps they have written the small amounts off?
    No debt collectors writing to me or informing me have bought the debt
    i find it strange when other people are being chased by debt collectors
    they have my address?
    Is this unusual ....
    I'm sure they should have been chasing me by now for more money?
    any thoughts comments.
    Tags: None

Re: Barclaycard. Strange

Barclaycruds paperwork has come into a lot of criticism of late as has it reporting of accounts to CRA's.

My guess is if you stopped the payments there would be a sudden deluge of threats of the world ending etc.
    How are these accounts being reported as " arrangement to pay" (AP Markers) Defaulted (Red D) or just standard reporting?

Comment

Credit ref agency is updated monthly just shows the amount i pay each month
      default on credit file 2010. Not showing AP. (Arrangements plan)
      It just shows D.
      Im not going to stop paying....but I do think it's strange it's not with debt collectors or people asking me for a financial statement

Comment

Yes very odd, seems to be automated no human action??
        nem

Comment

Me no understand too....it is what it is....very strange

Comment

Looking back on my records of BC " problems " covering more than 20 years I can't find anything like it!!

Comment

maybe they just accept the payments you send...but I have had no statements/letters or anything from a Debt Collector since they regisyered the default...somebody must be updating the Credit File with my payments....don't know who and best I just keep sending my pennies...I can't settle it just wonder if anybody else had the same experience

Comment

You should at the very least get an annual statement.
                Can't say I've see it with 3 accounts ever or even 2 very odd:spy:

Comment

Update
                  these three barclaycard debts....no letters/statements have been recdfrom bcard or Debt Collectors since 2010
                  i have photocopied my last statement recd in 2009 and post a cheque each month and send direct to bcard payment processing payments center
                  credit file. Show bcard default registered 2010. D.....
                  its very strange why I don't get statements or threatening letters..I've never entered a payment plan with bcard or completed a finacial statement

i contacted them for a CCA and also a subject access request.
                  Recd the normal blah blah back...since that letter not a peep from them....

strange....any thoughts?

Comment

Responding to PM.

The more I see of these accounts with no contact/ no statements or collection activity the more I feel that either they slip through the net every time BC reviews delinquent accounts or as you have been paying so regularly BC feels that as it has no documentation it will sit back and bank the cash however little it may be.

I can't recall every seeing 3 accounts or even 2 treated in this manner by a creditor.

It would be interesting to see what the reaction would be should payments stop on one of the accounts.

Comment

I have stopped paying the small outstanding....:tinysmile_twink_t2: Put it out to the world and see what they say.....my concern is it may flag up an alert and they come after me with nasty letters...very strange all three of them ...I can understand two may have been written off as the cards are pre1994 but the large one...of 9k. ?

Comment

Well it will be interesting to see the reaction!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X