• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**DISCONTINUED** Court claim - BW legal and Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court claim - BW legal and Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd

simple question nem, where shouldI put this in my defence.......which number? Start.....end?

Thanks

Comment

Defence submitted. How long does this process normally take?

Thanks

Comment

How long is a piece of string the courts are very busy and badly understaffed,
        Also depends on how swift the claimant is.

nem

Comment

Have received a letter today from Lowell Portfolio 1, saying they have used a credit reference agency to provide them with my address and that they would like to confirm the information they hold is correct and up to date. At the end of the letter it says to ring to speak to an account manager.

I have still not had any acknowledgement from them regarding my request for the credit agreement under the consumer credit act.
          Is it ok for them to search my credit records? Should I reply by post?

Thanks

Comment

So they’ve issued a claim against you, but are still sending you letters to ask if you are ajb2001? Maybe they’re trying to get you to acknowledge the debt by backhanded means (which would be pointless anyway, as once SB it can’t become un-SB).

Astonishing... either ignore it, or waste some time writing back and pointing out that they are in default of a valid CCA request, and that, oh, the case is still in court and you have defended.

Makes the statement of truth on their claim form look a bit of a wild guess! This is all useful if it gets as far as court.

Comment

Originally posted by ajb2001 View Post
              Defence submitted. How long does this process normally take?
              The court will send your defence to the claimant, who have 28 days to respond stating whether they wish to proceed, if they don't respond the claim will be stayed.

Have received a letter today from Lowell Portfolio 1, saying they have used a credit reference agency to provide them with my address and that they would like to confirm the information they hold is correct and up to date. At the end of the letter it says to ring to speak to an account manager.

I have still not had any acknowledgement from them regarding my request for the credit agreement under the consumer credit act.
              Is it ok for them to search my credit records? Should I reply by post?
              As you've submitted your defence, I'd be inclined to ignore the letter above.

Comment

Hi

I have now received a letter from the court dated 17/3/2015. It is a notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track.

It states the following ;-
                1. This is now a defended claim
                2. It appears that this case is suitable for allocation to the small claims track, If you believe that this track is not the appropriate track for the claim, you must complete box C1 on the Small Claims Directions Questionnaire (form N180) and explain why
                3. You must by 7/4/2015 complete the Small Claims Directions Questionaire (Form N180) and file it with the court office and serve copies on all other parties.

What do i do now.........how do I fill in the Directions Questionaire? Do I agree to mediation?

Thanks

Comment

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Yes agree to mediation.
                    Follow the point on the questionnaire, it's all about what you want the court to order.
                    e.g. That the claimant provides the documentation mentioned in the POC.
                    Do Not Phone Lowell!!!

nem

Comment

So should I say that the small claims track is ok as below £10000? Also, am assuming that I need to send a copy to lowells and BW.

Comment

Also, can the form be sent electronically?

Thanks

Comment

Where on the form do I put that I requested documentation which was on the POC but have not received it?..........thanks

Comment

Also nothing back with regards to my CCA request to lowell or anything back from the CPR request from BW legal........should this be put amywhere on the proposed allocation to fast track court form?

Comment

I have now received a letter from the court dated 17/3/2015. It is a notice of proposed allocation to the small claims track.

It states the following ;-
                              1. This is now a defended claim
                              2. It appears that this case is suitable for allocation to the small claims track, If you believe that this track is not the appropriate track for the claim, you must complete box C1 on the Small Claims Directions Questionnaire (form N180) and explain why
                              3. You must by 7/4/2015 complete the Small Claims Directions Questionaire (Form N180) and file it with the court office and serve copies on all other parties.

What do i do now.........how do I fill in the Directions Questionaire?
                              The directions questionnaire is fairly generic. You may want to look at this thread: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...l-Claims-Track
                              Do I agree to mediation?
                              It's always wise to agree to mediation. In one recent case I know of, mediation was just a phone call during which it was established that no documents were produced to support the claim and that was the end of it.

So should I say that the small claims track is ok as below £10000? Also, am assuming that I need to send a copy to lowells and BW.
                              Yes, no reason to argue against allocation.

Comment

Also nothing back with regards to my CCA request to lowell or anything back from the CPR request from BW legal........should this be put amywhere on the proposed allocation to fast track court form?
                                No, that would have been part of your defence. Once you return the questionnaire, the court will give directions which will include the requirement to disclose documents: http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...l/rules/part27
                                (1) After allocation the court will –
                                (a) give standard directions and fix a date for the final hearing;
                                (a) ‘standard directions’ means –
                                (i) a direction that each party shall, at least 14 days before the date fixed for the final hearing, file and serve on every other party copies of all documents (including any expert’s report) on which he intends to rely at the hearing; and

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X