• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

outstanding invoices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outstanding invoices

Hi thank you fort taking time to read this here goes .
    my husband done sub contract work for a company upon raising invoice statement they became very how can i put it strange fobbing of any direct questions with regards to payment . ok after trying to receive payment we had to issue small claims proceedings for outstanding balance £3000
    so we were the claimant. then the other side issued a defence counter claim stating we owed them £2800 for an apparent flood which was the first time we had heard of any incident. we then became the claimant part 20 defendant and the other side became defendant part 20 claimant .
    we then had to file a reply and defence to counter claim .
    we then received a order stating the counter claim had been struck out it stated the counter claim is struck out this notice is served pursuant to paragraph 2.5 of the practice direction part 51 civil procedure .
    i contacted the helpline and they advised that our claim would go ahead as normal .

Then we received a notice of proposed allocation the wording is as follows
    this is now a defended claim
    the defendant has filed a copy of which is enclosed ( the first counter claim from other side is attached )
    you must complete the form n180 before 22nd jan

totally confused as i filed this form in November same time as defence to counter claim
    am totally lost can any one help
    Tags: help needed

Re: outstanding invoices

Hi did you get formal notice of the strike out?
    If so phone the court and find out what's happening, if the defendant has entered a new defence using exactly the same evidence then I can't see how it may succeed.

Could be a "clerical error".

nem

Comment

we received a order on 5th December saying counter claim is struck out . i telephoned the court and they told us our claim carried on as normal then i received this on the 2nd January

Comment

This bit doesn't make much sense to me
        Originally posted by misspip View Post
        we then received a order stating the counter claim had been struck out it stated the counter claim is struck out this notice is served pursuant to paragraph 2.5 of the practice direction part 51 civil procedure .
        https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...lot-scheme#2.1

PRACTICE DIRECTION 51I – THE COUNTY COURT AT CENTRAL LONDON MULTI - TRACK PILOT SCHEME

PD 51 I
        This Practice Direction is made under rule 51.2. It provides for a pilot scheme (“the County Court at Central London Multi-Track Pilot Scheme”) in respect of money claims issued at the County Court Business Centre (“CCBC”) and the County Court Money Claims Centre (“CCMCC”) for a period of 12 months from 1 October 2014 to 30 September 2015.
        PD 51 I

2.5 Rule 26.2A(5) is modified to provide that if the preferred court specified on the relevant directions questionnaire is a London hearing centre, the claim will be sent to the County Court at Central London.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by misspip View Post
          we received a order on 5th December saying counter claim is struck out . i telephoned the court and they told us our claim carried on as normal then i received this on the 2nd January
          Might be an idea if you can to scan in/photo and edit off personal info and put the court docs & orders up here
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

It is a court order set out like below

before proper office at the county court Nottingham business centre .

It is ordered
            that the counter claim is struck out

this notice is served persistent to paragraph 2.5 (2) of the practice direction supplementing part 51 of the civil court procedure

this is why am so stressed am really confused

Comment

Is it 51b?

2.5 (2) Where a party does not file the allocation questionnaire within the period specified in
              the notice served pursuant to paragraph (1) then that party’s claim, defence or counterclaim
              (as appropriate) will automatically be struck out without further order of the court.
              Attached Files

Comment

ahhh that sounds more likely, thanks EXC xxx I can only find 51 and 51 I https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...l/rules/part51 for some reason. Probably me being daft.

So sounds like the other party didn't file their directions questionnaire. Still don't know why you have a second N180 though.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

So sounds like the other party didn't file their directions questionnaire.
                  If that's the case shouldn't the defence have been struck out too?

Comment

I haven't a clue the letter states
                    claimant us
                    defence them

then it says this is now a defended claim
                    the defendant has filed a defence ( attached same defence and counter claim form from other side
                    it appears that this case is suitable for allocation for small claims track
                    if you believe that this track is not the appropriate track you must complete c1 on small claims direction questionnare
                    you must complete before 22nd January

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X