• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Two Disputes Old Friends Wright Hassell & Mint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Disputes Old Friends Wright Hassell & Mint

Hi,

Although I've posted as 'New User' that is not quite correct; I couldn't find my original log in. I have been helped by Howlett Clarke before but was too ill at the time to properly thank the people concerned. I have been suffering stress, anxiety and depression for some time. I was recently arrested and sectioned under a 136 after approaching the Police desk twice and getting no help (and getting turned away) and my GP (offered an appointment next day) even after identifying myself as a Medium to High Suicide Risk. I have posted here today under another section about something that is worrying me.

But under this topic:

1. I had a court summons from Wight Hassell on behalf of Cabot Financial Ltd about a credit card debt. I posted £1 and asked for a CCA. Wright Hassell returned the money and said they could not supply the CCA. They have asked for proof of my mental ill health. I emailed them while I was away t supply me an account number so that I could supply these details. They asked for some personal details - DOB, middle name, address, etc. to confirm I was me. Interestingly, they say my middle name does not match the one on their records and culd I give them my other middle names? I do not have any more middle names. The one I gave is the only one I have.

Where do I go from here?

2. I had a demand and long telephone campaign from CapQuest ( I was away at my family home at the time so I didn't get the many, many messages until I returned). I did the usual...requested a CCA with a £1. This was passed to MINT who refused the CCA because the letter did not contain a signature. I had pointed out hat a CCA request did not need same but MINT replied it was the bank's policy to have a signature. I asked if there were doubts about my identidy then they were in breach of Data Protection. They have taken the debt back from CapQuest (who were obviously then not authorised to chase the debt) and said my address was good enough for them in 2009 so it should be now.

MINT have asked for a breakdown of expenses/income. I am not working and receipt of benefits. Again, where do I go from here?

Thank you.

Re: Two Disputes Old Friends Wright Hassell & Mint

Originally posted by newuser View Post
    Hi,

Although I've posted as 'New User' that is not quite correct; I couldn't find my original log in. I have been helped by Howlett Clarke before but was too ill at the time to properly thank the people concerned. I have been suffering stress, anxiety and depression for some time. I was recently arrested and sectioned under a 136 after approaching the Police desk twice and getting no help (and getting turned away) and my GP (offered an appointment next day) even after identifying myself as a Medium to High Suicide Risk. I have posted here today under another section about something that is worrying me.

But under this topic:

1. I had a court summons from Wight Hassell on behalf of Cabot Financial Ltd about a credit card debt. I posted £1 and asked for a CCA. Wright Hassell returned the money and said they could not supply the CCA. They have asked for proof of my mental ill health. I emailed them while I was away t supply me an account number so that I could supply these details. They asked for some personal details - DOB, middle name, address, etc. to confirm I was me. Interestingly, they say my middle name does not match the one on their records and culd I give them my other middle names? I do not have any more middle names. The one I gave is the only one I have.

Where do I go from here?

2. I had a demand and long telephone campaign from CapQuest ( I was away at my family home at the time so I didn't get the many, many messages until I returned). I did the usual...requested a CCA with a £1. This was passed to MINT who refused the CCA because the letter did not contain a signature. I had pointed out hat a CCA request did not need same but MINT replied it was the bank's policy to have a signature. I asked if there were doubts about my identidy then they were in breach of Data Protection. They have taken the debt back from CapQuest (who were obviously then not authorised to chase the debt) and said my address was good enough for them in 2009 so it should be now.

MINT have asked for a breakdown of expenses/income. I am not working and receipt of benefits. Again, where do I go from here?

Thank you.
    Remember that you can't get "blood from a stone", hence the Mint request for Income/Expenses.

I think that others more knowledgable than I could advise on the validity of such requests.

Comment

There is no obligation to supply any such information unless ordered to do so by a court, where the parameters for questions on income, expenditure and liabilities are reasonably well controlled.

What is the status of this alleged debt please:

When was the last payment or acknowledgment made.
      When was the account opened?

It seems to me that you are well within the meaning of a "vulnerable" person and the creditors/DCA's should take a step back.

Have you tried National Debt Line, which will assist in getting the right letters sent to the relevant people.

It seems clear to me that you fall well within the meaning of a "vulnerable" person and therefore creditors, DCA's etc., should "take a step back".

National Debt Line, has helped many people in your situation very successfully it may be worth contacting them.

-

Comment

Thank you for your replies. To answer the questions:

The last payment on the MINT card was made probably 3 years ago. The account was opened before years before that. MINT have 'taken the debt' back from Cabot after no one could supply me with a CCA without my signature. MINT are now looking for me to make a token payment each month and offered for me to be dealt with by their 'special team'. (Not patronising.)

With Wright Hassell they will not supply me with an account number so I can send them proof of my illness because their middle name for me does not match mine! (I only have one middle name.)

I hope that helps.

Comment

Hello newuser,
          No valid CCA no pay is my stance.

Tell them produce a full compliant agreement or go away.

NDL is still a good option.

Comment

I will talk to NDL. Do I have to worry about the Court Summons from Wright Hassell? They have returned my CCA request and money and have the wrong middle name for me so I cannot supply them with the info they requested about my mental health.

Comment

If WH have the wrong name and are claiming that you are the one who is wrong then there is a flaw in their case I think. Send the CCA request straight back and tell them if they are not sure that they are pursuing the right person they must withdraw the claim.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X