• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Stressing me out!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stressing me out!

I have had no end of trouble with. My ex husband who refuses to pay pension sharing which he should have been doing years ago. In 2012i obtained an Attachment ofEarnings order against him for arrears of maintenance and the normal maintenance payments themselves. The order needs to be amended for pension sharing, I know legal aid is no more, I badly need advice on how to take this forward. Any help would be appreciated. Frances
    Tags: None

Re: Stressing me out!

Hi Rosie,

Others here will know more about the process but I believe you need to apply to the Court for to vary the AoE order - see here:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/dmbmanual/dmbm667600.htm

Applying to vary an attachment of earnings order

If, at a later date, you believe that the judgment debtor's circumstances have improved materially, you should obtain up-to-date evidence of means and consider applying for the order to be varied.
    To apply for a variation of the order, you should prepare three copies of form N244, applying for
    • ‘an order under the provisions of Section 9(1) of the Attachment of Earnings Act 1971 increasing the normal deduction rate specified in the attachment of earnings order made in this court on [date] on the grounds that such an order would be reasonable having regard to the judgment debtor’s improved circumstances.’

The court will list the case for hearing and send one copy of the application to the judgment debtor and return one copy to you.
    Others more knowledgeable will be along - but meanwhile give yourself a bit of a break, there's no need to stress anymore - you will get excellent support and advice on here :hug

Comment

Thanks for getting back so quick I really appreciate that. I will try and relax a bit more and I will watch out for any more advice. I am so glad I found your site which was totally by accident - a happy accident. Thanks again.

Comment

Hi Nem I have an appointment at the CAB on Friday with a solicitor who will give me. 20 minutes of free advice as to how I should proceed with having the Attachment of Earnings a Order amended for pension sharing. Will let you know what happens. What does concern me is if the solicitor tells me I need professional help with this I am afraid that would put me up the creek without a paddle as I cannot afford to pay a. Solicitor. Any help on this would be appreciated.
        Last edited by Rosie500; 25th February 2015, 20:00:PM. Reason: I needed to add on the last paragraph.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie500 View Post
          Hi Nem I have an appointment at the CAB on Friday with a solicitor who will give me. 20 minutes of free advice as to how I should proceed with having the Attachment of Earnings a Order amended for pension sharing. Will let you know what happens. What does concern me is if the solicitor tells me I need professional help with this I am afraid that would put me up the creek without a paddle as I cannot afford to pay a. Solicitor. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Hi i hi I have been to the CAB I had twenty minutes of free advice from a solicitor. They use. I got the feeling that some expert help might be needed. The trouble is. I cannot afford a solicitor and legal aid is only available for child cases and domestic violence. I have put out some feelers to see if there is any help out there I can get but so far have heard nothing. Does anybody know of any charities or organisations who could help me with this. Any help would be appreciated. Rosie
          Last edited by Rosie500; 6th April 2015, 11:08:AM. Reason: Misspelling

Comment

Hi i hi I have been to the CAB I had twenty minutes of free advice from a solicitor. They use. I got the feeling that some expert help might be needed. The trouble is. I cannot afford a solicitor and legal aid is only available for child cases and domestic violence. I have put out some feelers to see if there is any help out there I can get but so far have heard nothing. Does anybody know of any charities or organisations who could help me with this. Any help would be appreciated. Rosie

Hi Nem I have heard from the County Court and the hearing. Is on the 30th October. I know it is a long way off but at least I know there is going to finally be an end to all the battling I have had to do. Will keep you posted Rosie

Comment

Hi Nem I have heard from the County Court and the hearing. Is on the 30th October. I know it is a long way off but at least I know there is going to finally be an end to all the battling I have had to do. Will keep you posted Rosie
              Hi Rosie,

Let me know if you need any thing!!

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                Hi Rosie,

Let me know if you need any thing!!

nem
                Hi Nem thanks I will let you know if I need anything even if it is only to kick his backside! Rosie

Comment

Hi Nem thanks I will let you know if I need anything even if it is only to kick his backside! Rosie
                  Hi Nem I know the hearing with my ex isn't until 30th October I can't help wondering if he will turn up as he didn't the last time I took him to court in 2010. I feel that maybe because there won't be a solicitor involved this time that he won't turn up. Can the judge amend the Attachment of Earnings Order in his absence as this has been dragging on since 2006! I don't see why not. Rosie

Comment

Yes, if a party doesn't show up the court can proceed in their absence provided it is satisfied that the other side had notice of the hearing.

Comment

Hi Nem I know the hearing with my ex isn't until 30th October I can't help wondering if he will turn up as he didn't the last time I took him to court in 2010. I feel that maybe because there won't be a solicitor involved this time that he won't turn up. Can the judge amend the Attachment of Earnings Order in his absence as this has been dragging on since 2006! I don't see why not. Rosie
                      The judge will continue as he/she would if the other party was in attendance review the parties submissions and hear the attending parties argument, proceeding as is normal by weighing the balance of probabilities to make a judgement.

It is in your interest to attend Rosie.

nem

- - - Updated - - -

The judge will continue as he/she would if the other party was in attendance review the parties submissions and hear the attending parties argument, proceeding as is normal by weighing the balance of probabilities to make a judgement.

nem

Comment

nem

- - - Updated - - -

nem

Hi Nem I don't have any problem attending, it was my ex I was wondering about. It is a relief to know that the hearing can proceed without him if he doesn't turn up. I will just be glad to get it all done and dusted and kick his backside! If he does turn up I will be ready for him I intend to make myself heard. Rosie

Comment

Hi Nem I don't have any problem attending, it was my ex I was wondering about. It is a relief to know that the hearing can proceed without him if he doesn't turn up. I will just be glad to get it all done and dusted and kick his backside! If he does turn up I will be ready for him I intend to make myself heard. Rosie
                          Good for you Rosie,
                          Continuing non appearance will be noticed by the judge who may or may not comment upon it but it's all in your favour!

nem~~

Comment

Good for you Rosie,
                            Continuing non appearance will be noticed by the judge who may or may not comment upon it but it's all in your favour!

nem~~

Hi Nem it might be better if he doesn't turn up it will then be a nice civilised hearing better than listening to him whining! Still as I say I am ready for him should he show up. There is three months to the hearing. I will let you know the outcome after the hearing. Rosie

Comment

Hi Nem it might be better if he doesn't turn up it will then be a nice civilised hearing better than listening to him whining! Still as I say I am ready for him should he show up. There is three months to the hearing. I will let you know the outcome after the hearing. Rosie

Hi I have been to court on Friday, my ex never turned up I wasn't surprised. The judge has raised a wide ranging order requiring him to produce copies of p60s tax returns pension slips etc. The next hearing is on the 23rd November. The judge assured me that even if my ex doesn't turn up (which I doubt he will ) the matter will still be dealt with so at least I know it will be sorted at long and weary last! This has been dragging on for years (nine to be precise) ! I will be glad when it is sorted. Rosie

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X