• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bristow & Suitor - Walsall council

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bristow & Suitor - Walsall council

Hi all hoping someone can offer some advice will give a bit of a background 1st. I was in arrears on a previous property with the above council (had been passed to a bailiff I think B&S) and managed to get the council to recall it and had been making regular payments of agreed amount (£100) since. In October I lost hours at work and was unable to make full payment for that month. I sent an email into the council statting my situation and followed up by making a £50 payment as soon as I was paid having had no reply from council. Since then I have paid the full amount of £100 each month for last three months including payment made today o £105.

On Saturday I received a letter from B&S stating the account has been passed to them and I was to pay either in full or £100 by tomorrow (6th) then £90 weekly for 10 weeks. I can't afford either of these options. The letter goes on to state failure to pay will result in goods being taken etc and that all goods in property are now bound and I cant sell or dispose of them.

Rang the council first thing this morning and asked why account was passed when I have been making regular monthly payments and it is down to the £50 missing from October. I explained about my situation and the email but was told they had no trace of it despite recognising a request for new DD forms due to change in bank accounts made at the same time (still not received these) The woman recognised I had been making regular payments at agreed amount bar that one month and went to speak to an enforcement agent upon return she said that they feel the account has fairly been passed over adn was to deal with B&S.I directly asked if they were refusing to recall the account and her answer was "For now yes" and was advised again to contact and deal with B&S direct as their fees are "very high now."

After hanging up I rang the councils direct automated payment line and made the £105 payment. Now wondering if I can do anything else to get the debt recalled as thinking of dealing with the bailiffs (or enforcement agents as they now like to be called) is filling me with dread

Thanks in advance

Adam
    Tags: None

Re: Bristow & Suitor - Walsall council

Also just noticed the amount B&S is asking for equals £1000 just rang the automated line again and balance outstanding on the account is £745

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X