• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabbot Change locks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabbot Change locks

Confused here, Is this your only property to change the locks they would haver to obtain some sort of Court order as they are saying if you send a Solicitors letter stating its an Asset? they might have lied in court to get an Order .

Im sure others will agree there is something wrong here you need to find out not sure if they have done this legally.
    Are Cabot a Debt purchaser or are they acting for the lenders

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor1980 View Post
      I contacted them . they said I have to send them a solicitor's letter stating its the family home and not an asset and the receivership will be lifted. I still have the damage etc...
      I take it you are talking about L.P.A. receivers, as in receivership,no court order required outside Scotland.You really need to give the Forum more details if you want advice.

Comment

Yes I only own 1 property. I got no notification to state the property was going to be reposed . I contacted them yesterday and that's what they said when I sais about the damage thr guy said we will cross that bridge when we come to it. Im totally confused how this could happen myself

Comment

What details?

Comment

The only information I got from cabbot was to contact them... then they changed locks and my next contact yesterday the guy said oh if its a case its the family home inform us with letter and it will go back to the bank.

Comment

what details?

Comment

I agree with Wales01
                Something is very wrong.

I suggested earlier writing to the CEO Ken Stannard about this
                Cabot are usually ones to throw letters like confetti .

Comment

What details?
                  Who's the mortgage with,how much are the arrears ,is the mortgage only secured on this property.
                  When did you fall into arrears,you say you have an AGENCY negotiating with the bank WHO what agency.
                  Where is this property.
                  Is the PARTNER you mention a business PARTNER.
                  Is it a joint mortgage.

Comment

Thanks . Can I ask them for any information they have on the matter in writing?

Comment

See post 24.

Comment

ulster bank. 35,000 , yes only on this property, a few years ago , new beginning , ex girlfriend joint mortgage. we broke up she stopped paying then I lost my job .. moved to Australia to try make enough to finish house couldn't secure visa so worked illegal so money not as good came back am in full time employment with 6 months so now trying to get her name off the mortgage . so I can start putting money into it again

Comment

ulster bank. 35,000 , yes only on this property, a few years ago , new beginning , ex girlfriend joint mortgage. we broke up she stopped paying then I lost my job .. moved to Australia to try make enough to finish house couldn't secure visa so worked illegal so money not as good came back am in full time employment with 6 months so now trying to get her name off the mortgage . so I can start putting money into it again
                          Is the property in Northern Ireland.If not where.
                          I think that your lender may have appointed Law Of Property Act Receivers to take over the property.
                          Was the house habitable when you were in Australia did your ex girl friend stay there.Or did anybody stay there.
                          Ulster bank is part of R.B.S. group true/false.
                          Was the property insured.

Comment

The house is in the Rep.of Ireland. I have power to the house . Ex girlfriend was not staying there never had much to do with it at all and wants to get out of mortgage .it was insured

Comment

The house is in the Rep.of Ireland. I have power to the house . Ex girlfriend was not staying there never had much to do with it at all and wants to get out of mortgage .it was insured
                              Republic=Different Legal System to here. Probably explains the window to gain entry..... Out of interest which County? Munster very laid back unlike Leinster... Which Court was involved? Laws were overhauled dramatically over there after the Country went tits up, especially though governing arrears on mortgages as so many were in arrears....

Comment

Cabbot are Dublin based

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X