• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Newlyn - problem(!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newlyn - problem(!)

Hi all,
    I realise these posts come about from being stuck and seriously concerned - and that is exactly what I am.
    I have read through some posts here and I need some guidance.

A long time ago (January 2014) I am alleged to have done an illegal right hand turn in the London Borough of Dagenham and Barking.
    Only problem is I didn't receive the paperwork because (yes, my absolute stupidity), I did not change the log book details on my car to my new rental address.

I did go back to the old property to ask for post and the person just stated he returned to sender.

Move forward 10 months and suddenly I get a letter via my parents house from Newlyn threatening me with a Notice of Enforcement at circa £240. I read this forum and I decided not to talk to them. I realised I couldn't talk with the council either and therefore I'm in a bit of a sticky situation.

7 days later just prior to xmas, another letter is hand delivered to my parents house now stating 'Control of Goods' under Tribunals. Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 whereby the debt is now an astonishing £520. It is sickening! The original debt I would have dealt with - but it's out of control.

My Mother is mad at me for putting stress on her and my father (my father is not that well to be honest (physically). It is not fair on my parents - and I need to resolve this. But I'm unsure of the next step.

To pay £520 I just can't do at the moment. I can't believe that the original debt would have been somewhere around £100 I assume, and it's now trebled! I'm sick with worry - and even more so that I have a ccj against me and I didn't know. They are also stating more costs will go on at £100 and a further 7.5% - so it's getting worse and worse.

Please help. I just want to resolve this. I've never ever been in debt in my life. I want to talk to someone civil and want to take the pressure away from my parents.

Thanks. Any help would be wholly appreciated.

PS. I have just done a credit check and I don't have any outstanding judgements against me thankfully. Hopefully I can now get this resolved amicably!
    Tags: None

Re: Newlyn - problem(!)

Hello

What is the current situation ? I've just read this post.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by citizen877 View Post
      Hello

What is the current situation ? I've just read this post.

Regards
      The last latter was the £520 Control of Goods prior to xmas. I have just found out about this as I have received post from my parents. I'm not receiving the post some weeks later.

Comment

You won't have a CCJ registered aagainst you for this.

If you received no initial paperwork about this at the start you will need to ring the Traffic EnforcementCentre in the morning. I assume you now have the PCN number & ask at what address it has been sent to, explain you have moved and ask they send the relevant forms to you by email. If you complete aand return by the same means the matter could be put on hold while it is sorted & could revert back to the original fine. The Bailiff should know he is at the wrong address and is probably hoping you don't know and will just pay up.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/no...rcement-centre - see also the FAQ's etc in the left column

Comment

Also worth a read as it explains things much better than I can - http://tinyurl.com/pve8puy

Comment

Thanks ploddertom.
            I have no PCN number written on the paperwork - only a Newlyn reference.
            Do you think I can do an 'out of time' statement (as per your link) - as this seems highly appropriate, albeit recognising I was partially at fault for not changing the address?

I have also read your link to the court - so I will try them tomorrow morning. But I think I'm past the time whereby I can apply?! It's confusing given my circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by davicio View Post
              Hi all,
              I realise these posts come about from being stuck and seriously concerned - and that is exactly what I am.
              I have read through some posts here and I need some guidance.

A long time ago (January 2014) I am alleged to have done an illegal right hand turn in the London Borough of Dagenham and Barking.
              Only problem is I didn't receive the paperwork because (yes, my absolute stupidity), I did not change the log book details on my car to my new rental address.

I did go back to the old property to ask for post and the person just stated he returned to sender.

Move forward 10 months and suddenly I get a letter via my parents house from Newlyn threatening me with a Notice of Enforcement at circa £240. I read this forum and I decided not to talk to them. I realised I couldn't talk with the council either and therefore I'm in a bit of a sticky situation.

7 days later just prior to xmas, another letter is hand delivered to my parents house now stating 'Control of Goods' under Tribunals. Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 whereby the debt is now an astonishing £520. It is sickening! The original debt I would have dealt with - but it's out of control.

My Mother is mad at me for putting stress on her and my father (my father is not that well to be honest (physically). It is not fair on my parents - and I need to resolve this. But I'm unsure of the next step.

To pay £520 I just can't do at the moment. I can't believe that the original debt would have been somewhere around £100 I assume, and it's now trebled! I'm sick with worry - and even more so that I have a ccj against me and I didn't know. They are also stating more costs will go on at £100 and a further 7.5% - so it's getting worse and worse.

Please help. I just want to resolve this. I've never ever been in debt in my life. I want to talk to someone civil and want to take the pressure away from my parents.

Thanks. Any help would be wholly appreciated.

PS. I have just done a credit check and I don't have any outstanding judgements against me thankfully. Hopefully I can now get this resolved amicably!

I am really surprised at your above post where you stated that when you received the Notice of Enforcement you read this forum and decided to ignore the notice !!! That advice is not one that would have been given by any of the regular posters on here.

The correct route is to file an Out of Time witness statement asap.

Comment

Originally posted by Milo View Post
                I am really surprised at your above post where you stated that when you received the Notice of Enforcement you read this forum and decided to ignore the notice !!! That advice is not one that would have been given by any of the regular posters on here.

The correct route is to file an Out of Time witness statement asap.
                Hi Milo - my wording was incorrect. I meant that I read the forum and was read the 'do not's' and 'do's' - one of which was not to have any direct communication with the bailiff by speaking with them. I didn't mean ignore.

I'm certainly not attempting to ignore. I want this resolved. I'm not someone who has intentionally brought this upon myself. I have made a complete hash of everything. I appreciate your advice and will submit an Out of Time today.

Much appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

I'm also unsure as to what form to fill out.
                  My indiscretion was an illegal right hand turn, not a parking infringement etc.
                  http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.u...ement%20Centre

Which one - it seems like this is very important to get this right. I''m guessing it is the PE2 form?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X