• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Nursery fees terms and conditions - legal clarification

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nursery fees terms and conditions - legal clarification

Hi,

Hopefully this is posted in the right place! I would be grateful if someone could give me their legal view on the following extract from our child's nursery terms and conditions. I'm questioning whether we have to pay for bank/public holidays as the nursery is not open at these times.

"The nursery is open Monday – Friday 51 weeks throughout the year excluding Bank and Public holidays. Fees are payable on these days and also for any absences.

Unfortunately we are unable to offer any days in lieu of absences or public holidays.

Fees are based on 51 weeks per year and then divided by 12 to support your budgets at home."

Now, to me this reads as fees are payable on the days that the nursery is open. i.e. Mon-Fri, 51 weeks but no bank/public holidays.
    Am I understanding this correctly? Over the year financially it makes a fair difference.

Many Thanks
    Matt
    Tags: None

Re: Nursery fees terms and conditions - legal clarification

Hi and welcome.
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I thinks you will be paying for 51 weeks of the year, and there is no credit for absences or public holidays.
    This seems to be standard for nurseries (or it is here in West Wales according to my daughters

Comment

Re: Nursery fees terms and conditions - legal clarification

You'll find that most nurseries effectively charge for bank holidays. It's the same with private schools except that rather than paying per term you pay weekly/monthly which is a pro-rata figure of the year. Any nursery's main outgoing is staff costs for which they still have to pay. I used to own day nurseries and to change direct debit amounts for the weeks/months that bank holidays fell in would have been a nightmare.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X