• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Collectica Baliffs and Magistrates fine.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collectica Baliffs and Magistrates fine.

HI

I have a fine with northampton county court for a unpaid train fair. It went on and eventually the baliffs have got involved (my own fault). The original debt was £442 and i paid £221 on the 31/11/2014. I said i would be able to pay on the 19/12/2014 but i was unable too and i cant afford to pay it until the end of January. I don't really know what to do, i cant ask anyone to lend money. I am a bit worried because he said he will break into my parents house to remove goods.

Not really sure what to do, any help will be appreciated.

Ace
    Tags: None

Re: Collectica Baliffs and Magistrates fine.

Originally posted by ace12 View Post
    HI

I have a fine with northampton county court for a unpaid train fair. It went on and eventually the baliffs have got involved (my own fault). The original debt was £442 and i paid £221 on the 31/11/2014. I said i would be able to pay on the 19/12/2014 but i was unable too and i cant afford to pay it until the end of January. I don't really know what to do, i cant ask anyone to lend money. I am a bit worried because he said he will break into my parents house to remove goods.

Not really sure what to do, any help will be appreciated.

Ace
    Most importantly, did you telephone the enforcement company on 19th to explain why you cannot pay? If not, the account will default and will incur an Enforcement fee of £235.

Comment

Hi Milo

Sorry the account already has defaulted, the original debt was £306 and i paid £100 pound the defaulted and the baliffs took over he has already added the £235 pound charge to the debt to take it to £421 pound if i remember correctly, i did talk to collectica before the bailiff got involved and explained i could not pay but they would have none of it. So it defaulted and then the bailiff got involved.

At the moment collectica will not speak to me about it and says i have to deal with the bailiff directly but he will not cut me any slack and will not let me pay at the end of this month.

Comment

Have you written to Collectica or emailed them to put forward your repayment proposal? If you have refusal to co-operate in writing you are in a stronger position.

Obviously they will now be looking to enforce the debt and try to get a CGA. The most common thing they will go for is your car, so I'd keep it out of the way for now if you have one.

The critical thing is whether you talked to them during the Compliance Stage when you were unable to pay. Could you clarify where you said, "I did speak to Collectica before the bailiff got involved ......" please? This seems to contradict itself, but is probably the way I'm reading it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X