• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Licence Agreement - For permission to occupy an exterior car parking space -

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licence Agreement - For permission to occupy an exterior car parking space -

I am in the final stage of purchasing an industrial unit for my car maintenance business. This unit is on a site from which 2 other similar businesses operate. All 3 units are accessed by a roadway approximately 100 yards in length direct from the public highway.
    All the units have right of way access for business and emergency purposes. My unit and the other 2 units will have parking rights for 5 vehicles each which will be in allocated places outside of our specific units. All three businesses have a financial responsibility to contribute a third to the cost of any repairs to the "roadway" if required. The "roadway" is owned by the seller of the unit that I am buying. The seller offered it to me for £10,000. I initially declined to purchase the "roadway" as I did not want to stretch my finances at this early stage. However, the seller has offered to let me purchase the "roadway" at £104 per month over 8 years. After the 8 years I will then own the "roadway".
    The seller's solicitor has drawn up a Licence Agreement [[For permission to occupy an exterior car parking space]. Under the heading of "Other Terms" one paragraph reads, "The Licensee must indemnify the Owner against all actions, proceedings, costs, claims and liabilities arising from the Licensee's use of the Parking Spaces".
    My question I need guidance on is: should someone fall,trip and injure themselves outside of my allocated Parking Spaces then that would be an issue for the current owner of the roadway to deal with. Sorry for such a long post, but any help or guidance will be gratefully appreciated. Many thanks. tiswas01
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X