• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form received from Drydens re: Cabot- original creditor JD Williams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claim form received from Drydens re: Cabot- original creditor JD Williams

Its for an old JD WIlilams account, but I can't even locate any payments on my back account going back to 2008

Comment

Defence sent today

Fingers crossed!

Comment

When will I expect to hear back from the court?

Comment

bump

Comment

Question answered - letter from court today acknowledging defence and that it has been sent to claimant - they have 28 days to respond (or negotiate?)

Originally posted by mrcraig View Post
            Defence sent today

Fingers crossed!

Comment

Sorry xxx Well done getting your defence in, you should hear within a week or so - you should get a letter saying the claimants has been sent your defence and will respond within 28days or the claim will be put on hold. So case of wait and see for a little bit now.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

If no payments since 2008 (assuming they were made prior to December), even if they come up with a compliant agreement (unlikely.....) you would still have statute barred as a robust defence to their claim.

Comment

Update

Received a letter from Cabot today (excerpt attched)

What happens now, presumably they will discontinue the case?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Update

Received a letter from Cabot today (excerpt attched)

What happens now, presumably they will discontinue the case?
                    Just a standard template response to your CCA request, which doesn't mean anything really once they've issued proceedings. Also if your defence was, this doesn't alter that fact in any way. :thumb:

How long ago did you submit your defence? If they don't respond in 28 days, then the case will be stayed and you may wish to consider applying for strike out. :grin:

Comment

I've still not had anything from Cabot and also not heard anything from the court

Last correspondence from the court was to say that my defence was being passed to the creditor on 28th January and they had 28 days to respond

whats going on?

Comment

bump

I've still not had anything from Cabot and also not heard anything from the court

Last correspondence from the court was to say that my defence was being passed to the creditor on 28th January and they had 28 days to respond

whats going on?

Comment

Telephone the court, the claim maybe stayed if Cabot have not filed with the court.

nem

Comment

Today out of the blue more than 4 months since my defence was submitted, I've received a pack from Cabot with a reconstitued copy of the credit agreement (unsigned by me) and a full statement since the beginning of the account

What do I do now??
                            Last edited by mrcraig; 11th June 2015, 21:40:PM.

Comment

Today out of the blue more than 4 months since my defence was submitted, I've received a pack from Cabot with a reconstitued copy of the credit agreement (unsigned by me) and a full statement since the beginning of the account

What do I do now??
                              Have they applied to lift the stay and proceed with the case?

Is there any chance you could remove your personal details and post up what you received? :typing:

Comment

I've heard nothing from the court or the solicitors since I filed my defence end of January

Theres a fair few sheets, its basically a credit agreement only signed by someone at JD Williams and a whole host of unbranded pages with what appears to be screen shots of the account transactions start to finish

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X