• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Financial & BW Legal Letter of Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Financial & BW Legal Letter of Claim

Hi there,

I'm new to the site and would appreciate any advice anyone could offer.

I have received a letter from Lowell Financial advising that they have instructed BW Legal to handle all correspondence with regards to a Lloyds TSB loan taken out in 2008. I also received a letter in the same envelope from BW Legal stating that if I do not respond by 02.01.2015, they will issue a claim against me in the county court. Admittedly the money is owed but I defaulted in 2011 due to a change in circumstances and I was unable to pay. The bank wouldn't agree a payment holiday or reduced payments despite having payment protection insurance and so in the end, I was unable to make any payments and have since buried my head in the sand.

I would be devastated to have a CCJ issued to me and whilst I've read all the related threads about defending the claim by requesting original contracts etc, I'm not sure how successful I would be.

Is it likely that they will proceed after the 2nd Jan and seek to issue a CCJ? If so, should I just try and contact them to offer some kind of payment? (Not that I am able to offer anything substantial by way of monthly payment)

Thanks again for your help.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X