• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - cabot financial ltd / vodafone - 16-12-2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - cabot financial ltd / vodafone - 16-12-2014

Hi Sharon thank you so much for getting back to me. Thank you so much for writing the defence for me. I think the agreement was for the laptop and the dongle together. Do I send this just to the courts by the online site or can I write it out and send it by post as I've forgot the log in details

thanks again

Comment

It's guess work that's the problem, and they should be able to say what the agreement was - and what you have paid and what is still outstanding.

If you can log in to the MCOL service that would be easiest but otherwise yes you can write it onto the form. You are winging it a little as it does seem to be a mobile airtime contract - but it is still assumption and they haven't provided you with any documents at all to back up their claim.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks so much for the advice. Sorry about late reply.

I filed my defence and I got a letter from the courts stating the below.

I acknowledge receipt of your defence. A copy is being served in the claimant (claimants solicitor). The claimant may contact you direct to attempt to resolve any disputes. If the dispute cannot be resolved informally, the claimant will Inform the court that he wishes to proceed. The court will then inform you of what will happen

Where he wishes to proceed the claimant must contact the court within 28 days after receiving your defence. After that period has elapsed the claim will be stayed. The only action the claimant can then take will be to apply to a judge for an order lifting the stay

This letter was sent to me end of January 2015 and has now been a few months. Any idea on what I can do from here as its just dragging on now or is it better just to just sit back and hope to hear nothing

Thank you for your time

Comment

BUMP

Comment

Hi you need to check with the court (phone) the claim may be stayed if the claimant has not filed in reply to your defence, ( you are not informed if this happens).
            Phone Monday after 1000hrs.

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by enaid View Post
            BUMP
            Replied

nem

Comment

Thank you so much for the advice. I called the court and they advised the claim is stayed yes your right. It's been like this for 2 month now. Surely they should only get a certain amount of time otherwise it gets thrown out?

Thank you for getting back to me

Comment

Hi everyone. Just received a letter from Cabot today regarding this case. They've not been in touch since 2015. The letter states

welcome back to Cabot, your account was with our solicitors but we have decided not to Persue legal action against you on your account at this time.

Yor balance still
                needs to be paid, and we want to
                help you with this by providing you with some options. Take a monthly plan and we can build it around what you can afford or depending on your affordability you may be eligible for a discount. Please call us now

this debt has been ongoing since 2010 and is coming up to 8 years, any advice on what's best to do? Thank you

Comment

Is the claim still sat there in court?

You could look into applying to strike the claim out, but of course this carries risk, and the costs of the application, they could decide to fight back and provide documents etc, which could ramp the amount owing up.

Or you could try and negotiate a full and final settlement with them to get this finished with once and for all.

Personally, I'd be inclined to file that letter away - they haven't threatened to reapply to the court to lift the stay, the opposite really, so I would just put it aside and see if they come back later.
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply. Yeah the claim is still sat there in court, I think they only had 28 days and this is nearly 2 years ago now. It's been 8 years in total since it's been going on. When I sent the prove it letters a few years ago I never got a response so I'm wondering if they do have any proof? Do you think it might be worth sending a statue barred? Thank you

Comment

Not really, the court action stopped the clock for statute barring - if they discontinue, or get struck out, though the clock goes back to running and you would likely be statute barred then.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

I'll just file it away like you said to see what happens. Seems really strange they are pulling it back up after 2 years

Comment

It's probably in a batch they've had sent back over from the solicitors that they're working through. Treat it as a first approach and if/when you get another letter consider your options further.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you so much. Hopefully I won't hear from them again but if I do I'll come back and ask for help. Really appreciate all your help

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1363.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	1176808

- - - Updated - - -

Just received this letter, just wondering what I should do next. Is it worth ignoring them or responding? Thank you

Comment

Bumping for [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X