• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Natwest - Mis-Sold Account - Where to Start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natwest - Mis-Sold Account - Where to Start

Hi

My husband has banked with Natwest for many years 'possibly' as long as 20 years. When he joined he had a non fee paying account. In short somewhere along the line he was pressurised to agree to a new paid account. He was told that because he had an overdraft facility which he used constantly he would have to move to the paid account as he was at 'risk' of losing his overdraft facility. He was also told by having this account he would be given cheaper rates for loans and overdraft fees - none of which were true. However, he doesn't remember exactly when he was told this. I actually think this was pre 'advantage gold account'. I 'think' I recall his account being called 'Silver?' He was then placed in the 'Advantage Gold Account' which was more expensive and he felt he had no choice but to stay with the account for fear of losing his overdraft facility which he relied on. It transpired that some of the 'benefits' including the medical cover was not suitable as it didn't cover existing conditions, he already had Accident Cover in place for the car. He is adamant that no-one ever ran through the pro's and con's of any of these accounts - only that he was pressurised into changing to a paid account as he was at risk of losing the overdraft.

I feel that my husband has a claim but I don't know at what point he should start his claim especially as he isn't sure (not even the year) of when he was pressurised into moving over to a paid account.

Recently we went to the bank to close the Advantage Gold Account and to revert to a non-paid account. We was really given the hard sell to try and make him stay on the account. My husband was adamant that there was no real benefits for him and he sited the travel insurance would not cover him and that he had never benefited from 'better rates' for loans or overdrafts. We also asked for the last 7 years bank statements. The Clerk was doing her utmost trying to deter us from getting the statements. She said we could print them from home. We said we didn't have a printer. She said, but you can user the library's printer. We said that was too time consuming. She then told us it would be very expensive to get 7 years bank statements and we would have to pay. We told her we believed it was only about £6. Anyway, we have the statements now.

How do I go about making a claim. Am I claiming 'pre Advantage Gold Account' or can he only make a claim in relation to the Advantage Gold Account? My husband would never have voluntarily moved to a 'fee paying account' he only did it because he was told he would very likely lose his overdraft facility if he didn't.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Many thanks
    Sweet and Sour
    Tags: None

Re: Natwest - Mis-Sold Account - Where to Start

Hi
    How did you get on with your claim?
    Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X