• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Cabot Financial / Lloyds - 10-12-2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - Cabot Financial / Lloyds - 10-12-2014

Just a couple little amendments on these paras

8: On the 23/12/2014 I sent a request for inspection of documents mentioned in the claimants statement of case under Civil Procedure Rule 31.14 to Restons Solicitors I requested the Claimant provide copies of the Contract between myself and Lloyds Bank – Credit Card agreement, The Default Notice and The notice of assignment.

9. Neither the Claimant, nor Restons Solicitors, have sent any of these documents to me.

11. The Claimant has failed to comply with s 78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of s 78 (6) Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.

and remove para 5 and fix the bit about the extension if anything changes, then you're good to go I reckon.

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I have had a read of the post, I have just telephoned them and left a voicemail requesting an extension in writing to my email address, basically wording your email template. I also phonetically spelt out the case number and repeated and spelt my email address to them on the voicemail.

Is this a valid request?

Thank you for removing the images, i understand and appreciate it.

Thanks again for all your help with this, i would be lost.

Broady

Comment

I have made the required changes, just unsure if leaving a voicemail is considered acceptable for requesting an extension.

Comment

It'd be better to speak to them directly if at all possible on Monday but they might work on Saturdays so see if you hear over the weekend, don't worry too much, it isn't imperative just me being picky, so if you hear nothing then just get the defence in by 4 on Monday and all will be fine xxx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Can I file the defence online?

Comment

Yes you can do it on Moneyclaimonline - did you acknowledge the claim through the MCOL service? If so log in and p'word should be the same.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

yeah, just checked it all. Making sure i can login

thank you so much again.

Comment

no problem at all xxx
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi Amethyst,

I hope you are well.

Just a little update and a bit more advice if you can help.

I filed my defence after leaving them a telephone message and trying to call on Saturday. Due to work I would have been unable to file my defence before 4pm, so I filed it on the Sunday.

I had a letter from the court to say they had sent the defence to Restons.

I have since had the attached letter which I am a little confused about and it appears they are threatening to charge me more?

Please if you have a couple of minutes, could you have a look and let me know what you think.

Many thanks

Broady
                    Attached Files

Comment

Go check the form of these gentlemen they seem to have an endless supply of N9A's..
                      Shame the form isn't soft, strong and very long... Would be useful for something...

Comment

Having trouble opening the attachment ( site's fault not yours) so I'll nudge [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] myself to come have a look tmw once the caches cleared up xx

I suspect it's the 'you would have had your terms when you opened the account, would have had statements throughout and your defence sucks - here's a N9A form else we'll apply for summary judgment and costs etc'' letter.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

LOL @ Mineral1, still tempted to use the letter in the same way
                          [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION], you are 100% correct to the contents. I assume it is a standard letter designed to scare you into compliance?

Thanks again,

the support is extremely comforting.

Broady

Comment

Originally posted by broady61 View Post
                            LOL @ Mineral1, still tempted to use the letter in the same way
                            @Amethyst, you are 100% correct to the contents. I assume it is a standard letter designed to scare you into compliance?

Thanks again,

the support is extremely comforting.

Broady
                            Lets put it this way.... I wouldn't lose a moments sleep over it. Look its got sod all to do with them whether or not years ago you had a particular document to look at (not that many ever bothered reading a credit card agreement... Your eyeballs fall out looking at the small print trust me) the law stipulates the requirement of anyone who assumes the mantle of creditor to actually possess a true copy or something with your X marked on it.... Otherwise they can't actually take enforcement action (ie court won't issue judgement) they can however send you endless threatening letters and if you don't defend sneak into court and try get a judgement however, I am sure you won't give them the chance! :tongue2:

Comment

Hi Amethyst and everyone else.

I hope you are all well?

Just a quick update, I have not received anything else except acknowledgment from the court informing me they would pass my defense to Restons.

That was back in January.

I have since had a Phonecall around 4 weeks ago from Restons asking if I received their letter and asking if I would hurry and return the N9 form. I told them politely to get lost and to only communicate with me in writing!

I am just wondering how long Restons have to move on things and what the next stage is likely to be?

Will I be required to go to court?

Thanks in advance.

Broady

Comment

Check the status of the claim with the court.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X