• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Cabot Financial / Lloyds - 10-12-2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - Cabot Financial / Lloyds - 10-12-2014

Might be a plan to call Northampton ccbc and ask them the current status as you should have had a small claims track questionnaire by now.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you, I will call them tomorrow.

Comment

Just checked MCOL and this is all they have:

A claim was issued against you on 10/12/2014

Your acknowledgment of service was submitted on 15/12/2014 at 18:48:22

Your acknowledgment of service was received on 16/12/2014 at 08:01:09

Your defence was submitted on 11/01/2015 at 22:12:06

Your defence was received on 12/01/2015 at 08:01:01

I will still ring them tomorrow, how long do Restons have to do something from when my defence is filed?

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by broady61 View Post

Your defence was received on 12/01/2015 at 08:01:01

I will still ring them tomorrow,
          how long do Restons have to do something from when my defence is filed?

Thanks again

They should have responded in 28 days saying whether they wished to proceed with the claim. As they didn't, the claim must be stayed. You could consider applying for a strike out if you don't want this hanging over you.

Comment

Thank you FlamingParrot

Comment

Evening All,

Just as an update as FlamingParrot said yesterday, I spoke to the courts and they informed me the claim was stayed. They said the claimant would have to pay a fee to re-instate the claim.

I asked about striking it out, but they were very helpful, just told me i needed to fill in form N244 and pay the fee. He didnt tell me what was involved as such or what happened after or how much the fee was.

Anybody any advice as to what to do?

Thanks again in advance.

Broady

Comment

Hi again,

I hope everyone is well.

I have still not heard anything from Restons or from the courts since I spoke with them a fortnight ago.

I am still at a bit of a loss as to what to do next. I am rather nervous to be honest that I am going to get another letter through the door from another DCA or solicitor and have to go through the same process again.

Could anyone advise as to my options are and what is entailed to not have to worry about it creeping back up on me?

Many thanks in advance.

Broady
                :doggieyes:

Comment

I hope everyone is well.

I have still not heard anything from Restons or from the courts since I spoke with them a fortnight ago.
                  On your post above you say the claim was stayed. That means proceedings are suspended and nothing is happening with regards to the case, so you wouldn't hear from them unless Restons applied to lift the stay.

I am still at a bit of a loss as to what to do next.
                  As above, you could try for a strike out, or you could 'invite' Restons to discontinue the case instead.

I am rather nervous to be honest that I am going to get another letter through the door from another DCA or solicitor and have to go through the same process again.

Could anyone advise as to my options are and what is entailed to not have to worry about it creeping back up on me?

Many thanks in advance.

Broady
                  :doggieyes:
                  If the case was discontinued, it would be difficult for them to bring proceedings again for the same account unless they were in possession of fresh new evidence they didn't have before.

Comment

Thank you FlamingParrot,

What is involved in inviting them to discontinue the case?

Do I just write to them and ask them to consider discontinuing the claim? Or is there a form I need to fill in?

Thanks in advance.

Broady

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X