• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

work time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• work time

I'm in UK k and 1 week of making coursfor a month coming from Romania with an 1 year contract like health care assistant. After 1 week of work , and 1 week of making induction training courses I received on 11 hours to work in the 3rd week .What shall I do in order to work the legal time as long as there is no communication with the company ? I tried phone call , mails , messages
    Tags: None

Re: work time

Hi romanianwidow and to LB.

Am I correct that you are in the UK on a I year contract, training to be a Health Care Assistant?

That you have been here for 1 month?

That you had one 1 week's induction and one 1 week's paid work?

That you worked 11 hours in week 3?

That you are now unable to contact the company for whom you are working by any of the usual means?

Please correct if wrong and please would you give some more detail so that our employment law experts can help you.

Comment

Re: work time

Originally posted by romanianwidow View Post
      I'm in UK k and 1 week of making coursfor a month coming from Romania with an 1 year contract like health care assistant. After 1 week of work , and 1 week of making induction training courses I received on 11 hours to work in the 3rd week .What shall I do in order to work the legal time as long as there is no communication with the company ? I tried phone call , mails , messages
      Really need you to answer MissFM's questions above, as its difficult to understand what your trying to tell us and ask us, though granted i appreciate english is not your first language, though may i advise you ask a friend who's English is better, to help you with writing your posts.

From what i can make out, you have come to the UK to work and have a contract to to work for 1 year as a health care assistant. Where your 1st week is on a training course, and 2nd week is induction to the job and work place and the 3rd week you have been given 11 hours. What i think your asking us is how you can get full time hours when your not able to contact your employer by phone, text messages or emails?

In regards to your working hours, these should be stated in your contract of employment as to what your minimum hours per week shall be along with your hourly rate of pay or monthly salary shall be. Though it is possible depending if you working for a private health care provider or agency that you may be on a zero hour contract, which means the employer does not have to give you any hours of work in a given week, and only offers you hours of work when and if any hours/work is available to give to you. The benefit of a zero hour contract is that you can refuse the hours they give you, which means your free to find work elsewhere that can give you full time work, so long as there is nothing in your contract preventing you from doing so, which i doubt there is as that would likely be an invalid contractual term.

So yes really need you to answer MissFM's questions, and if possible post up a copy of your contract, minus yours personal details and minus the companies details.
      Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X