• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LTSB and Moorcroft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LTSB and Moorcroft

I had a CC wit LTSB for quite a few years and when I was unemployed and couldn't maintain payments they obtained a CCJ against me. This was in 2004, and after 6 years it dropped off my CRA. I made a complaint about mis-sold PPI in 2011 and last month FOS upheld my complaint. LTSB paid up even though there was a large balance outstanding on the account. I received a letter from LTSB last week advising that as I had not come to an acceptable agreement on repaying the outstanding amount they would pass the account to Moorcroft for collection. I duly received a letter from Moorcroft demanding full payment and advising that LTSB had put a marker on my CRA file.I was under the impression that once a debt has been on a CRA for 6 years it could not be added again. The CCJ is still in force.
    Tags: None

Re: LTSB and Moorcroft

Hi suvan50,
    You are correct that the ccj had dropped off your credit report so it won"t be there you" state you still owe money on it from the original creitor". And you haven't kept up payments? What probabley happened they have put it as defaulted it. It won't be the ccj that still there what does your credit file say?

Comment

Nothing on the CRA. I was paying £20 pm through SCM but since they no longer exist I don't know where the payments are going.

Comment

Hi suvan,
        Are these payments still going out of your account i don't quite understand what you mean by you dont know where payments are going how much do you stll owe?

Comment

Hi suvan,
          Owe the bogus in house solicitors of lioyds i think they dispanded in 2011 and you was paying them well they are lioyds so why are lioyds sending it to the debt collector you are paying lioyds. This is very strange are you still paying or have you stopped?

Comment

Hi suvan50;
            Ive re- read your initial post againt so underner the old ccj you promised to pay 20 month that what ltsb are on about so one or two thing have happened here 1you have either stop paying them and they are demanding full payment as you would have broke the agreement or 2 they are demanding more money from which they cant do unless they take it back to court.
            In your second post you state you was paying scm but they no longer exist as you stated. In my opinion this hangs on wether you are still paying or have stopped paying.

Comment

I reckon the letter you have from Moorcroft is a standard template they have sent without checking the actual status of the account. If possible can you scan / photo the letter ( blank out your details) and we'll help you with a response.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                I reckon the letter you have from Moorcroft is a standard template they have sent without checking the actual status of the account. If possible can you scan / photo the letter ( blank out your details) and we'll help you with a response.
                Here is the letter from Moorcroft.

I had a Lloyds paying in book and the only way to get a new one was to call SCM. I didn't pay for a while but no-one ever contacted me about it. I used to get reminders from SCM if I was late with a payment. Lloyds have recently upheld my complaint about mis-sold PPI on this account.
                Attached Files

Comment

Yip, they have sent a standard letter.

Need to respond to them that it is under a CCJ that is being paid direct to Lloyds ( via SCM who never existed it was always just Lloyds in house sols) so to leave your credit file alone and burger off, basically. And write to Lloyds and set back up your instalments / get a new paying in book under the CCJ. You need to do this ( and ask for a balance of the debt) as they could still try other enforcement action on the CCJ so best to keep the status quo.

The PPI should really go to pay off a lump sum of the debt but completely understandable if you have used it for more urgent bills.
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks Amethyst. Will do that

Comment

The letter is signed A J Martin.
                      As I recall from some years ago, that person doesn't actually exist and is a fake name used to route enquiries to the collection team.
                      A lot of people from the forums were ringing up and saying they would only deal with AJ as he signed the letter. The drones would actually admit that it wasn't a real person, so they were then challenged on why they were forging names on official letters. Happy days mashappy:

Comment

Had a letter today from Moorcroft advising that LTSB are receiving payments but they want me to call them to set up payment plan. Surely they can't overrule the CCJ?

Comment

Keep paying as you have been, ignore Moorcroft.

nem

Comment

OK Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X