• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SAR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAR

Hello All,

Can anyone tell me if a standard SAR sent to my child’s school would be sufficient for me to gain access to records or would i have to contact the local authorities for information. Also what is the time limit of any information being held? Could this be for the child’s duration at the school?

Thank you
    If Knowledge is Power . . . . . . .Then I Could Easily Light an L.E.D
    Tags: None

Re: SAR

Is the child in your care? Do you have parental responsibility for the child?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

If you have PR, be aware that some parts of an educational record are exempt from SAR provisions.

You need to look at Schedule 11 to the Data Protection Act 1998, the exemption at s30 and the Data Protection (Subject Access Modification)(Education) Order 2000.

So even if you can and do make a SAR, you may not get the full record.

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I am the childs parent. Is there a template i could use for the required information. The information i rquire is regarding incidents where my child has been injured while in school care, it is these records that i would like to gain access to.
        If Knowledge is Power . . . . . . .Then I Could Easily Light an L.E.D

Comment

I SAR'd my daughter's school over a dispute and there was very little (if anything) left out from it, so yes, it is perfectly possible and can be sent directly to the school; it is not that uncommon.

Is it a primary or a secondary school?

If you could expand a little on the history of what has happened, there may be better ways to glean the information you want.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X