• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Jacobs bailiffs - help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacobs bailiffs - help needed

Hi I'm after some advice with regards to Jacobs. I had a letter saying I owed Trafford council , council tax from 5 hrs ago so I phoned the council and they said it had already been sent to court and I now had a liability order, then I had a letter from Jacobs saying I was now to pay them I offered £20 a wk and they said that wasn't enough but that was all I could afford they then sent me an income and expenditure form which I filled out and sent back. They came back to me and said I was to pay £50 a wk! I phoned them to tell them I just couldn't afford that much but they weren't nterested. Yesterday I had a letter posted though the door at 7.30am saying I owe £337.38 + costs or he was coming back in 24 hours for removal, I tried to phone him and got no answer. Again at 7.30am this morning I've had another letter posted (no knock nothing) saying he's coming back at 5pm if I don't pay the full amount + costs he's going to remove items. I'm worried they he's going to take my husbands car, he's needs it for work without it he would be unable to do so. We don't have proof that it is his only the log book which I know means nothing. Also he has actually stated what the costs are. I haven't got that kind of money anyway. I now feel like I'm going to be living in fear of the door knocking. I have 4 children and we only just get by on what money we have coming in. Any advice is greatly relieved
    Tags: None

Re: Jacobs bailiffs - help needed

The initial letter that you received should have been the Notice of Enforcement. What date was this notice and what was the amount of the debt that Jacobs were seeking at that time.

Secondly, as the debt is for council ta, the Liability Order only needs to be in one name but is a joint debt. Accordingly, the bailiff can indeed take the car. In certain circumstances (depending on your husbands business) the car could be exempt if it value is less than £1,350.

Thirdly, is the car subject to any finance and was the car present when the bailiff attended?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X